The Optimus Me P350 gets CyanogenMod 7.2! While Android devices are looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich based ROMs, the unofficial CM7.2 ROM for the P350 is an impressive feat for an other wise budget device. If you have a rooted Optimus Me P350 and want to taste some AOSP goodness, you should give this ROM a shot. If you haven’t, you should think about it. The ROM has been released by XDA-Developers forum member pax0r. More on the ROM and how you can install it, after the break.
Almost everything in the ROM is working, aside from a partially broken camera and the headset button. Unfortunately no screenshots are available right now, but if you must, you can Google CM7 up and you’ll see what the ROM will be resembling. So if you want to give this ROM a shot, here’s how you can do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted LG Optimus Me P350. See our guide on rooting the Optimus Me.
- Custom Recovery installed. see our guide on installing a custom recovery on the Optimus Me P350.
- Google Apps.
- To begin, download the ROM and Google Apps, and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- Do the same for Google Apps.
- When installed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.