Microsoft Outlook allows users to create a Microsoft Teams meeting from within the app. This allows users to schedule meetings that are automatically shared to Microsoft Teams. This feature works on the Outlook desktop app, the web app, and the mobile apps.
Microsoft Teams missing from Outlook
In order for Outlook to schedule Microsoft Teams meetings, it needs an add-in. The add-in is called Microsoft Teams and you cannot manually install it from anywhere.
The Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook is installed automatically when users have Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Outlook installed on their desktop. For the web version, if the same email account is used to sign in to Microsoft Teams and Outlook, the add-in will automatically appear.
If you’re trying to schedule a meeting but the Microsoft Teams is not appearing in Outlook, try the following.
1. Sign out/in Microsoft Teams
This fix has the highest success rate. Any time the Microsoft Teams add-in disappears, this is the easiest way to bring it back.
- Quit Microsoft Teams.
- Quit Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Teams, and sign out.
- Sign back in to Microsoft Teams.
- Quit Microsoft Teams, and open it again.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and the add-in will appear.
2. Check Microsoft Teams add-in
It’s possible the Microsoft Teams add-in hasn’t been installed in Outlook. To check if it has been installed follow the steps below.
- Open Outlook.
- Go to File>Options>Add-in.
- Go through the list of add-ins and you should see one named Microsoft Teams Meetings.
- If you do not see this add-in, click the ‘Go’ button at the very bottom.
- In the window that opens, check if the add-in is listed.
- If it’s listed, select it, and click Enable.
3. Install Microsoft Teams add-in
As mentioned earlier, the Microsoft Teams add-in cannot be installed manually i.e., you cannot download the add-in as a stand-alone file. It comes, and goes, with Microsoft Teams.
- Open the Settings app (Win+I) on your Windows 10 system.
- Go to Apps>Apps & features.
- Select Microsoft Teams.
- Click Uninstall.
- Allow the app to be uninstalled.
- Once the app has been uninstalled, download it again, and install it.
- During installation, the add-in will be added for Outlook.
The Microsoft Teams add-in may disappear or it may not work correctly if Microsoft Teams isn’t open. As a rule of thumb, always have the app open. It’s best if the app is not minimized. You may have set Microsoft Teams and Outlook to start automatically at startup. Try to change it so that Microsoft Teams opens first, and then Outlook is launched.