The error “code max reloads exceeded” in Microsoft Teams is usually faced by desktop app users. Due to this error, the users get stuck on the login screen. In some cases, the error goes away but the app doesn’t load past conversations or any UI elements. In other cases, the app freezes and is unusable.
Error code max_reload_exceeded in Teams [Fixes]
Here are some of the fixes that solve the Max Reload Exceeded error on Microsoft Teams
1. Fixing AD FS URL Problems
- Open Internet Explorer on your PC.
- Press the F12 key to open the developer console.
- Go to the Network tab.
- Click the play button to start profiling.
- Once the URL list starts the population, locate the URL of the Microsoft Teams.
- Check if the MS Team URL is redirecting to AD FS service for authentication. In case of an issue, the URL will be redirected to a non-AD FS authentication site.
- If the URL is not being redirected to the correct URL for AD FS, then you need your network administrator to check the AD FS settings to ensure that the authentication URL is correct.
2. Using Web and Mobile Version
The quickest possible fix for Error Code Max Reload Exceeded is to log in to your Microsoft Teams account through the web or mobile app. It has been observed that this error is usually an issue faced by the desktop client of Microsoft Teams. To login to Microsoft Web and mobile Client, follow the following steps:
- Go to Microsoft Teams web.
- Login to your account.
- For the Microsoft Teams mobile installation, download the Android or iOS app, for whichever device you have.
- Sign-in with your credentials.
3. Force Rebuild and Refresh Cache
There have been instances when force rebuilding the cache has worked to remove the Max Loaded Exceeded errors. This is how you can do it.
- Ensure that the Microsoft Teams client is closed on your PC.
- Open File Explorer.
- In the location bar, enter the following, and tap Enter.
%AppData%\Microsoft\Teams\IndexedDB in the address bar in File Explorer
- Now delete the folder.
- Once done, restart Microsoft Teams and the max loading exceeded error will be no more. Deleting this file will not only help you get rid of the error, but it will also speed up the loading time of Microsoft Teams.
The error code max reloads exceeded in Microsoft Teams is an error that can be caused by multiple issues. However, to continue working without lapses, it is advised to turn to the MS Teams web app. The Web application of Microsoft Teams comes with the same features as the desktop one. If you have a solution to this error, please feel free to share it with the community within the comments section.