Tired of looking at those slow-moving progress bars in Windows? Instant Elevator Music is a fun tool that adds a system tray icon and automatically starts playing elevator music when you do something that requires waiting. It can be copying files, searching for drivers, waiting for a program to load, and so on.
Right-click the system tray icon and select Settings. Now you can change the elevator music, choose to run it on startup, and choose when to play elevator music.
From Advanced tab, users can select the music fade-out length and update interval. There are also options to stop playing elevator music if the progress bar value is minimum or maximum.
To silence the elevator music, right-click the system tray icon and select Silence.
It supports almost every Windows and 3rd party applications with a progress bar, including:
- Windows Explorer: while copying/moving/deleting files
- Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox: while waiting for downloads to finish
- Microsoft Office and Visual Studio: while waiting for programs to load
- 7-Zip: while waiting for archives to extract
- TeraCopy: while waiting for files to copy/move
- Audacity: while waiting for music files to open/save
- Eclipse: while waiting for it to load, complete a build or refresh the workspace
- VMWare: while waiting for a virtual machine to resume
- Virtual PC: also while waiting for a virtual machine to resume
- Most installers
It works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. We tested it on our Windows 7 32-bit system.
Download Instant Elevator Music