Amazon is most popular as an online buying and selling platform but it is home to lots of other incredibly popular services which include Audible, Amazon Prime, and its cloud-based web services. Some of these services work with their own accounts but many use a single Amazon account much like Google and its many products.
Fix Amazon account temporarily locked
Amazon has lots of different services but some of them are geographically restricted. Others come with rules that an account holder must follow in order to use a service. Sometimes, an account can get blocked. the block may be temporary or it may be permanent. If your Amazon seller account has been blocked temporarily, you can try the following.
Uploading missing/pending documents
One of the main reasons an Amazon account can get blocked is if there is a document that’s needed but is missing. Uploading the document is all that’s needed to unblock the account.
To upload the document;
- Open your email inbox.
- Look for an email about your most recently dispatched item.
- Access your account via this email (there will be link in the email).
- Try to buy an item and you’ll be blocked with an option to upload documents.
- Upload a recent Credit Card Statement that shows your address, and this address must match your Amazon seller address.
- Once uploaded, the account should be unblocked shortly.
Call the helpline
This may or may not work. It depends on the type of account you have and why it’s been blocked but you can call Amazon’s helpline and ask them to unblock your account. They will ask you to verify your identity and may even tell you other steps you need to take before the account can be unlocked.
- Call this number if you reside in USA: +1 (206)-266-2992 or find the helpline number for your country.
- An automated system will answer. Select the option for Amazon Prime Members.
- When you get through to a human, explain the situation. If needed, ask to speak to a supervisor.
- Provide verification information that they ask and follow the instructions to unblock your account.
Try the chat tool
Amazon provides help over chat. It may help unblock your account or it may help you figure out why the account has been blocked. Unfortunately, you must be signed in to use it. The only way to get around this is to create a new account, and access chat.
Once you’re able to access Amazon chat, ask for an Account specialist. Provide verification information for your blocked account and follow the instructions they give you.
When you account is blocked, Amazon emails to tell you that it is blocked and will provide reasons for the block. Reply to the email and provide documents or other verification items that are needed or ask them what you need to do to unblock the account.
If you cannot find the email from Amazon, try the following.
- Visit the login page on Amazon.
- Click Need Help>Other issues with sign in.
- Select I cannot sign into my account.
- Enter details of the problem and send it to Amazon.
- Wait for Amazon to reply and follow the instructions to unblock your account.
If you’re account has been blocked for a more egregious reason (Amazon thinks you have multiple accounts or you’re posting fake reviews etc), you can look for professional help. There are companies that specialise in helping sellers unblock their account. They aren’t cheap but they get the job done.