When your Windows boots up, various services are started as well. Those services that are dependent on other services or functions are called dependency services. If you are getting Windows 7 dependency service failed error is is probably because an important service has been disabled mistakenly by you, due to a wrong update, a malware software or a virus.
The best way to view Windows Services Dependencies is to give Windows Service Dependency Viewer a try, it an opensource tool that can show the dependency services and their information. The services are also grouped by process for easier navigation. Ofcourse it won’t help in fixing the dependency service directly but can aid you in finding out the culprit service.
Additionally you can also view by Service Property Grid and Process Property Grid.
According to the developer, it has the following features:
- View dependent and antecedent services for a service
- View services grouped by the process
- View service details (from Win32_Service WMI class)
- View service process details (from Win32_Process WMI class)
- View detailed information for all installed services in a grid (from Win32_Service WMI class)
- View detailed information for all service processes in a grid (from Win32_Process WMI class)
- Refresh service and process information.
Download Windows Services Dependency Viewer
It works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008, and Windows 7.