We previously reported CyanogenMod 6.1 RC release for different Android handsets which included the HTC Wildfire. Now you can flash CM 6.1 RC based on Android 2.2.1 Froyo on your previously rooted HTC Wildfire with Clockwork Recovery installed. You can log on to this post to see all the features and changes that are inculcated in this CyanogenMod build.
If you already have CyanogenMod 6.0 Stable ROM flashed on your HTC Wildfire, then the best thing to do is to flash CM 6.1 from the ROM Manager. ROM Manager is an application that comes with CyanogenMod 6.0 and allows you to search for ROMs according your handset.
- The first step is to make sure that you already have root on your HTC Wildfire along with Clockwork Recovery Installed. You can use Unrevoked Single Click Rooting method for this purpose which is posted here.
- Now download CM 6.1 RC1 for your HTC Wildfire and save it on your desktop.
- Once done with downloading and saving, connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded Zip file to SD card root.
- Now boot your phone in recovery and make a Nandroid backup. This is an important step as it will act as your last resort in case anything goes wrong while flashing the new ROM.
- Once done with Nandroid, press Back button to revert back to recovery main menu and scroll down to WIPE option.
- Now enter the WIPE option and Factory reset all the settings. If you are unsure whether you have correctly WIPED all settings, do it one by one from the options in this menu.
- Once all the wiping is done, go to Clockwork Recovery main menu and from there navigate down to Flash Zip from SD card.
- Now wait for the flashing / installation procedure to finish. It will take some time, so hang in there. Doing anything funny in the middle of this procedure can result in handset brick.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot you phone into normal mode from the recovery menu option. Don’t panic as it takes some time to reboot after flashing brand new custom ROM.
You can also flash Google Apps Addons for CM 6.1 by following the same procedure. Download the Google Apps Addons Zip file for CM 6.1 HTC Wildfire here. Note that you don’t need to wipe data/factory reset when installing Google Apps.
Disclaimer: Please follow this procedure at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be held responsible if this method incurs any permanent or non-permanent damage to your device.