Yesterday we reported that iOS 4.1 has been released and many of the users have already updated their using iTunes.
Here is the step by step guide on downgrading iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 to iOS 4.
Please note that downgrading your iPhone 4 using this method will change your baseband and you won’t be able to unlock it using the usual carrier unlock. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.
- The first step is to download Original iOS 4 firmware for iPhone 4 and save it on your desktop [ Or wherever your prefer].
- Now download iRecovery And LibUSB Library package according to your operating system. [All download links are provided at the end of the post].
- Now connect your iPhone 4 to the computer and restore to iOS 4.0 IPSW file through iTunes 9.2. You might encounter 1015 error while the restore process is taking place, don’t worry and click Ok to exit iTunes.
- Now go to windows > Run > Type “CMD”. In the command prompt, type:
. / iRecovery -s
setenv auto-boot true
- If you are using Mac, you can open terminal and type the commands given above.
Now unplug your phone from the computer and reboot your phone by holding the home and power buttons together.
You phone might end up in recovery, you can exit the recovery mode by using iRecovery and LibUSB Library. [Step by step guide on using iRecovery to exit iPhone and iPod Touch recovery mode is posted here]
Download iRecovery [Mac, Windows] and LibUSB [Mac]
Download iOS 4 For iPhone 4