CyanogenMod is undoubtedly one of the most popular custom Android ROMs that’s available for a lot of devices and amongst the newest devices to have the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread based version 7 of the ROM is is the Advent Vega tablet. If you want to get this ROM up and running on your tablet, read on for our complete guide.
This ROM is a Beta build of CyanogenMod 7 that is still undergoing development. It is being developed by XDA-Developers forum member Apache14 who has managed to get everything working except for a few applications which Forse Close on GPS initialization.
Update: The download link for Apache14’s beta ROM is down but don’t fret; CyanogenMod 7.2 stable is available for Advent Vega, and we have updated the ROM download link below to that one. Enjoy stable CM 7.2 on your device!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Advent Vega (See how to permanently root Advent Vega with z4root)
- ClockworkMod Recovery already installed (See how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Advent Vega)
- CyanogenMod 7.2 Stable ROM
- Download the above mentioned ROM and place it on the SD card of your device.
- Power off your device.
- Hold the Back button for 2 seconds.
- Keep the Back button held and press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds,
- Release the Power button but keep the Back button pressed for a further 2 seconds.
- Release the Back button. If you did the procedure right, you should now be in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup, if you ever want to return your device to the previous state.
- Wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache.
- Install the ROM’s zip file from the SD card.
- Wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache once again.
- Reboot your device.
Congratulations! Gingerbread is what drives your tablet now thanks to CM7. As mentioned above, the only hardware feature not currently working is GPS, which causes a few GPS applications to Force Close, however it is mentioned that GPS works fine with Google Maps 5.0. In case of any issues, suggestion and future updates, head over the XDA-Developers Forum thread.