In case you opted for LG Revolution on Verizon, then there is some great news for you! Apparently there weren’t any bootloader hiccups and folks were able to root this device within some hours of release. For those of you who don’t know, LG Revolution is a 4.3 Inch high-end Android phone with dual-band EV-DO Rev A complete with 5 Mega Pixel primary camera and Optimus UI Android 2.2 Froyo on board. Although XDA folks have posted a complete ADB method to root LG Revolution, we believe that you can also do it with comfort of SuperOneClick rooting application that comes integrated with PSNeuter, RageAgainstTheCage and GingerBreak exploits.
The rooting method is extremely easy but still we believe that you understand all risks involved when gaining root access on any Android device.
Here is the step by step guide to root your LG Revolution with Super One Click rooting application:
- The first step is to download SuperOneClick Version 1.7 from here.
- Now grab the LG Revolution drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, enable USB Debugging but do not mount USB Card as flash drive. You can enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Applications > Development And check mark on USB Debugging option.
- After this launch SuperOneClick,exe located on your computer. On the main application screen, enable RageAgainstTheCage option in Exploit section.
- Now click on root and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the rooting process is complete, reboot your device.
- Now after your device reboots, go to home screen and see if Super User is present. You can also verify root by Root Checker app available in Android Market.
And there you go! You now have root on your newly bought LG Revolution. In case the above method doesn’t work for you, please head to the XDA thread here and try it using manual ADB method.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.