So the Atrix 4G was unlocked, then we had ClockworkMod installed. Recently the Atrix 4G received an Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread leak. For those of you on 2.3.4 and wishing to root the Atrix 4G, there could not have been a simpler solution to it. XDA-Developers forum member flzyup shows us how.
To root, you simply need to download a zip packaged file and flash it via ClockworkMod recovery, reboot and enjoy the wonders of root access! Confused? Let’s take this step by step then and whip up a quick little guide.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Atrix 4G.
- SuperUser zip file
- External SD card installed. (The recovery wont recognize the internal memory.)
- To begin, download the Superuser zip from the link above and copy it to the root of your external SD card.
- Reboot the phone into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select Wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the SuperUser zip transferred there earlier.
- Once the file is done flashing, reboot the phone.
All done. Your phone should now reboot and you should have complete root access on your phone. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.