To be able to customize the HTC HD2 by installing custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs or installing MAGLDR and using it to flash Windows Phone 7 or Android ROMs, the phone needs to have HardSPL 2.08 as well as a radio supporting 576 RAM. We have already covered the HardSPL 2.08 installation process and now, we will be taking care of flashing the 188.8.131.52 radio to the device.
Basically any radio with version number in the format of 2.**.50.** supports 576 RAM and enables you to perform the above mentioned customizations on the HTC HD2. We are using 184.108.40.206 merely because it is the latest in this list of supported radios, and has been found to be the most stable and compatible with both the global/European (LEO512) and the T-Mobile USA (TMOUS/LEO1024) versions of HD2.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- HTC HD2 (Any version)
- Phone’s battery charged to 25% or more. (50% or more is recommended to be on the safe side.)
- PC running Windows XP, Vista or 7.
- Microsoft ActiveSync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows Vista / 7) installed.
- microUSB cable for connecting the HD2 to the PC.
- HardSPL 2.08 already installed. (See how to install HardSPL 2.08 on HTC HD2)
- 220.127.116.11 Radio (Download the zip file and extract its contents to your computer.)
- Power your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume-Down key and while keeping it pressed, press and hold the Power key until you see the four-color (red, green, blue, white) bootloader screen.
- Connect the phone to your computer via USB and wait till you see the text ‘Serial’ change to ‘USB’ on the phone’s screen.
- From the extracted radio files, run CustomRUU.
- Read the instructions provided by the program on your computer and proceed with the steps, confirming your actions by ticking the check boxes and clicking ‘Next’.
- After the tool has verified the information on your phone, you will see an ‘Update’ button. Click it to proceed with the installation process.
- Make sure you do NOT disconnect the phone from your computer or turn your computer off while the radio is being flashed. This should take just a few seconds. Once the process is complete, the phone will reboot.
You should now have the 18.104.22.168 radio installed on your HTC HD2. With HardSPL 2.08 and the 22.214.171.124 radio, your phone’s potential is fully unleashed. You can now proceed to installing any custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM on your device, as well as the MAGLDR bootloader that you can use to flash Windows Phone 7 and Android ROMs to your phone. For details on that, see our guide on what is MAGLDR and how to install and use it on HTC HD2.