Earlier we covered an MIUI ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which was based on Android 2.3.4 but was an older version of MIUI. This time around XDA-Developers forum member rdannar has ported the MIUI 1.6.17 for the X10 which brings about the sweet new lockscreen styles as well. The ROM is a mix of a few AOSP ROMs and according to the developer it is “fast, stable, and responsive.”. Read on to download and install this ROM on your X10.
Incase you’re not familiar with MIU ROMs, see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android. As for this particular ROM, you can see below, the features that are functioning and those that aren’t:
- data, calls, MMS and SMS are functioning.
- Audio, Video, Themes are working.
- Sync, browser, music, gallery, GPS are functioning.
- SD card mount and storage works.
Note that the camera and camcorder are broken with the camera functioning with camera illusion.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Xperia X10. See our guide on rooting the Xperia X10.
- xRecovery installed on your device. See our guide on installing xRecovery on the Xperia X10.
- MIUI 1.6.17 ROM.
- To begin download the ROM from the link above and copy the file to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into xRecovery by pressing the back button a few times immediately when you see the white Sony Ericsson logo.
- Make a nandroid backup.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache and wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Choose install zip from sdcard and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers. Additionally you should check out our post on MIUI’s new lockscreens.