Users of the Motorola Photon 4G, can now flash the latest ClockworkMod recovery 126.96.36.199, and is a customized version meant for the Photon 4G. This is great news for users who were planning to install a custom recovery to their device, or even those on an older version of the recovery looking to upgrade. Credit goes to XDA-Developers forum member romracer for releasing this custom cooked recovery based on ClockworkMod recovery 5. The recovery even sports 6 color schemes as well and you have the option to choose which one you want to install.
The major changes made according to the developer, includes full support for dual SD cards, support for webtop partitions, and changes to Nandroid backup/restore for this phone’s additional partitions. This recovery is meant for devices with an unlocked bootloader only. We’ll show you how exactly you can get this flashed on your Photon 4G, but before we proceed, you should know, that the recovery is available as a recovery flashable zip file and image file as well, flashable via Fastboot. You must have flashed the recovery once via Fastboot to flash the variants via recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Motorola Photon 4G with an unlocked bootloader. See our guide on unlocking the Photon 4G’s bootloader.
- ADB set up on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it on your computer.
- Custom CWM 5 recovery image file in Orange | Cyan | Light Green | Dark Green | Blue | Red.
- Custom CWM 5 recovery zip file in Orange | Cyan | Light Green | Dark Green | Blue | Red.
- To begin, download the recovery image file from the links above and copy it to the folder in the Android SDK where fastboot is.
- Open command prompt or terminal and navigate to the location of that folder. Enter the following commands:
moto-fastboot erase recovery
moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery-photon3.img
For updates and queries, refer to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.