The PDF format is an excellent choice for text documents since PDF files can be viewed on any kind of device, whether it’s desktop or mobile. The downside is that it’s challenging to find the right tools capable of manipulating PDFs.
PDF Candy Desktop is a full-featured PDF solution, designed as an alternative to Adobe Acrobat Pro. It’s a flexible software application wrapped in a super-intuitive interface.
With the help of PDF Candy Desktop, you can transform PDF files into multiple formats, and vice versa: Microsoft Word documents, JPG images, HTML, EPUB, and more.
How to download PDF Candy Desktop
You can safely download PDF Candy Desktop from the official website. It’s only compatible with Windows computers, but there’s also a free limited version available online.
Worth mentioning is that the Windows setup file is a bit large, so it might take a while to get it over a slow Internet connection.
Keep in mind that the program isn’t freeware. On the bright side, you can take advantage of all supported features up to three times. Up to 4 files can be converted in bulk in the free version.
The setup operation is fast, however, at the end of which you can immediately launch the PDF editor.
The main window of PDF Candy Desktop has a clean look and displays all tools by default. There’s also a search function available if you need to quickly locate a specific tool.
How to use PDF Candy Desktop
To convert a PDF to another format:
- Select the conversion task from the main window
- Pick files from your computer. You can also select multiple files to process simultaneously
- Set the output format for each file
- Specify the saving folder for the new files
- If you want to convert only certain parts of the PDF, use the split feature to set the page range
- Click Convert
- Convert PDF to documents (DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT) and images (JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF)
- Create PDF from documents (DOC, DOCX, HTML, RTF, ODT), spreadsheets (Excel, ODT), presentations (PPT), ebooks (EPUB, MOBI, FB2) and images (JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP)
- Compress files into a smaller size by deleting PDF metadata
- Merge multiple PDFs into a single document
- Split a PDF into multiple parts by specifying the page number or page range
- Remove unwanted pages from PDFs
- Use OCR technology to transform scanned or handwritten documents into PDFs
- Apply password protection and remove passwords from PDFs
- Crop or rotate PDFs
- Extract images or text from PDFs
- Edit PDF metadata like author, title, subject, keywords, date of creation and last modification
- Preview the new documents within the graphical interface
- Support for multiple UI languages
An intuitive and useful PDF manipulation tool
The Windows version of PDF Candy Desktop is really intuitive, whether you’ve worked with PDF editors before or not. It converts files fast and doesn’t slow down your computer in the meantime.
However, PDF Candy Desktop can’t exactly replace Adobe Acrobat Pro because it lacks some advanced features. For instance, it’s not possible to add digital signatures to PDFs. But it’s great for casual users looking to make easy modifications to PDFs.