What makes Ubuntu more usable for common users is its ability to provide alternative GUI based solutions for installing and updating applications instead of remembering lengthy Terminal commands. Unfortunately, there are still many issues which require going through convoluted procedures to resolve them.
YeoWorks Ubuntu Solutions provides a one click solution to many commonly faced Ubuntu problems. It allows updating Ubuntu, Gnomes 3 installation and uninstallation, Firefox 4 flash issue fix and much more. All you need to do is to select a problem from the list and click OK to get it resolved.
Download YeoWorks and Run the .sh file. This will bring forth a prompt, click Run to open the GUI front end.
Choose any of the problems from the list and click OK for their resolution. The complete list of available options are as follows:
- Single Click update of Ubuntu Software
- Installation of Ubuntu extras, Ubuntu Tweak and Compiz Pack
- Gnome 3 installation
- Gnome 3 Tweaking Tool installation
- Gnome 3 fix for strange themes
- Gnome 3 un-installation
- Firefox 64-bit Flash issue
- Fix for Firefox bookmarks and history issues
- Simple access to Nautilus and configuration editor
- Switch of Gnome desktop to Compiz or Metacity
- Conversion of 32-bit Deb files into 64 Bit Deb files
- Fix for classic Gnome installation
- Re-installation of Ubuntu desktop
- Changing of user and root password
- System cleanup
- Stop GDM
- Login without GUI (graphical User Interface)
- Error: gnconfig-sanity-check-2 exited with status 256
Download YeoWorks Ubuntu Solutions (Third software from bottom)