A major portion of Discord’s userbase is composed of gamers. Discord’s tools, not to mention its servers, are exceptionally useful for gamers but the app also integrates apps and services that gamers tend to use; Twitch, YouTube, Battle.net, Steam, and more.
A lot of Discord users either stream gameplay to Twitch, or they watch gameplay on Twitch. In either case, connecting a Twitch account to Discord is helpful.
Connect Twitch to Discord
You can connect Twitch to Discord from the browser, or from the Discord desktop app. The process is more or less the same. We’re going to go over how to connect Twitch to Discord from the desktop however, the Twitch connection will be established in your browser.
- Open the Discord app on your desktop.
- Sign in to Discord.
- Click the cogwheel button at the bottom left of the column on the left.
- On the User Settings screen, go to the Connections tab.
- Click the Twitch icon.
- Your browser will open to the Twitch sign in page.
- Sign in to your Twitch account (hint: use your username).
- Authorize Twitch to connect to Discord.
- Return to Twitch and it will be connected to Discord.
Disconnect Twitch from Discord
To disconnect Twitch from Discord, follow these steps.
- Open Discord on your desktop.
- Click the cogwheel icon at the bottom left of the column on the left.
- On the User Settings screen, go to the Connected tab.
- Click the close button at the top right of the Twitch card.
- Confirm that you want to disconnect the account and it will be removed.
The above will only disconnect Twitch from the Discord app however, Discord is still connected to Twitch and that’s a second connection that you need to sever.
- Visit Twitch in your browser.
- Sign in to your Twitch account.
- Click your profile icon at the top right and select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Scroll down and click Disconnect next to Discord.
When you connect Twitch to Discord, users will be able to see your account is connected but you can turn it off from the User Settings. There’s a switch under Twitch in the Connections tab that allows you to hide your Twitch account from other people on Discord. If you’re looking to stream to Twitch, you will be able to do so from Discord’s overlay directly however, most users prefer to use OBS and that has to be set up first.