Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Sensation has arrived, but layered with the HTC Sense 3.5. Earlier we covered a post on an ICS leak for the Galaxy S II, and that too, carried the TouchWiz UI on it, and people had mixed feelings about that. So how would people feel about running ICS with Sense 3.5, remains to be seen. For now, lets take a look at the ROM that comes from the popular developers at XDA, the RC Team. RCMix ICE is based on Android 4.0.1 and we take a look at what the ROM has to offer and how you can install it on your Sensation.
The ROM is using the 3.06.401.101 Sensation XE, Android 4.0.1 as the base, with the Stock, 3.0.13-g8085863 htc-kernel. Features like Face Unlock, Movie Studio, added keyboard pop up animation have been added as well. However, the ROM has been kept as stock as possible for now.
As for the known bugs, you will not be able to set a wallpaper from the Gallery. That is it? Possibly not, the ROM was just released and a lot of input is yet to come in. So for now you should assume that the ROM will have bugs here and there. So if you wish to try this ROM on your Sensation, here’s how you can do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted HTC Sensation With S-OFF
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- RCMix ICE from the forum thread at XDA-Developers.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot your device.
Images courtesy of the developers.