While we have previously featured a custom Android ROM for the ZTE Blade before, it has become quite outdated and that is why we are bringing you a newer and better Android 2.2 FroYo ROM for this device that is based on the latest official Chinese FroYo update. Don’t worry, the ROM is in English.
This ROM called FLB-Froyo G2 was brought to our attention in a comment by our reader phlum on the previously featured ROM for ZTE Blade and was developed by MoDaCo Android forum member fibblesan just a few weeks ago. It includes stock Android 2.2.1 FroYo elements and has all carrier modifications removed. It aims to provide a stock FroYo experience with added speed enhancements.
The features of this ROM include Google Car Home, Google Text To Speech, Google Desk Clock, 3D Gallery, WiFi Status notifier, News & Weather widget, Google Listen, stock Android Launcher, Live Wallpapers, Quick Office, Google Maps, Google Talk, Android Market, Android Terminal, ROM Manager, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, Spare Parts, FM Radio and YouTube.
To install this ROM:
- If your phone isn’t rooted, root it with Universal Androot via our Android rooting guide.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery to your phone using this guide.
- Download the ROM from the link given below and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Take a nandroid backup and wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache from recovery.
- Flash the ROM from the downloaded zip file from recovery.
- Reboot your phone once the flashing is complete. The first boot will be slow as it configures the ROM by executing several scripts. Reboot again and it will be fine.
If any of these steps confuse you, refer to our guide on how to flash an Android ROM from recovery. Refer to the MoDaCo forum link below for help with any problems.
Download FBL-FroYo G2 ROM for ZTE Blade