The latest in our series of Android 2.3 Gingerbread themed ROMS is Eugenes Ginger Clone 2.2 Final for Samsung Vibrant. Based on the Android 2.2 FroYo, this ROM brings all the usability of FroYo along with the looks of Gingerbread to the popular Galaxy S Series device. For feature list, details and installation instructions, read on after the jump.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Developed by Eugene at EB-Productions forum, the Ginger Clone 2.2 ROM packs quite a punch when it comes to its feature lists. It comes with an optimized kernel and tons of performance tweaks to make it as snappy as possible. Apart from the Gingerbread UI enhancements like the launcher, keyboard, dialer lock screen etc., it also includes all the latest versions of Google Apps, including the latest Android Market. For a full feature list and any updates, you can head over to this thread at EB-Productions.
To install this ROM to your phone:
- Make sure your phone is rooted. We have written a guide guide on how to root Samsung Vibrant.
- Download the ROM from the link below and copy it to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Power your phone off and reboot it in recovery.
- Perform a nandroid backup.
- From recovery, choose to install zip from SD card, select the ROM that you copied to the SD card in step 2, confirm any prompts and wait patiently while the ROM is flashed to your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your phone from the recovery options, and you’re done.
If you followed the steps carefully, you should now be running Ginger Clone 2.2 on your Samsung Vibrant. In case you mess up, visit the ROM’s forum thread and contact the developer.