Motorola Photon 4G is a top tier Android device that has managed to gather a huge fan base within days of it’s release. Since the phone got rooted and custom ROMs are already on their way, a need for custom bootanimations for this device was also pretty much felt. Bandage, Senior XDA Member, has managed to create 3 custom bootanimation for Motorola Photon 4G. For those who don’t know, Bootanimatuon is the first thing that appears after manufacturer logo on your Android device. Although there is no functionality associated with this, but an eye-catching bootanimation does make your phone stand out while booting. For a complete intro of bootanimations, please see our complete bootanimation customization guide.
There are currently 3 bootanimations for Motorola Photon 4G available. And here is the step by step guide to install these bootanimations on your Photon 4G:
Motorola Photon 4G With Root Privileges
Root Explorer [Paid App Available In Market]
Bootanimation Zip file [Star Trek Photon, Star Trek Photon Animated, R2-D2 Droid]
- The first step is to download Root Explorer from Android Market and install it on your phone.
- Once done, download your proffered Bootanimation Zip file [Links provided in requirements section and save it on your desktop.
- After this connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and put bootanimation.zip in SD Card root. Please note that you will need to rename the downloaded zip file to bootanimation.zip.
- Now open Root Explorer on your phone and copy the bootanimation.zip to /System/Media folder.
- This bootanimation.zip will replace the already existing .zip file. A great idea would be to make backup of your previous bootanimation prior to copying the new one.
- Now reboot your device.
And you will see your preferred bootanimation right after the Motorola Logo! All credits for this method go to Bandage at XDA forums. If you want to do it without installing root explorer, then head to the official XDA thread for ADB installation instructions.