Samsung Sidekick 4G was rooted within 2 hours of it’s release. The initial rooting methods were pretty complex requiring you to have Android SDK installed along with ample command over ADB. However there is now a simpler method available that let’s you root your Sidekick 4G with a single click. The all time famous One Click Root application now works with Sidekick 4G and gives you root in matter of seconds.
Here is the step by step guide to root and unroot your Sidekick 4G with Super One Click rooting application:
- The first step is to make sure that you have Samsung drivers installed in your PC. You can download 32 Bit drivers from here and click here for 64 Bit.
- Once you are done with installing drivers, connect your phone to the computer and enable USB Debugging. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Applications > Development and tap to checkmark the box against Enable USB Debugging.
- After this download Super One Click Root from here, extract the zip file contents and save them on desktop for easy access.
- Now double click on SuperOneClick.exe, select PSNeuter under Exploit option and click on Root.
- Wait for the process to complete and reboot your device.
- And there you go! You now have root on your Sidekick 4G without having the trouble to tinker with ADB or Android SDK.
- To unroot, repeat the instructions and click on Unroot instead of root.
In case you need more information or want leave feedback, then head to the official XDA thread posted here.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.