Watching TV is no longer an activity bound to cable television, thanks to online streaming services that make it possible to enjoy your favorite TV channels on your desktop, mobile device, and even gaming console.
What is Mobdro?
If you’re looking for an ideal app for watching TV, take a look at Mobdro. Designed for Android devices only, this software solution grants you access to a wide range of TV channels worldwide.
Furthermore, you can check out live streaming videos from YouTube and download them to your device without breaking a sweat. One of the key features of Mobdro is that it doesn’t require you to set up an account like other similar apps. Simply install and open the APK.
How to download Mobdro
The video streaming app isn’t available in the Play Store, so don’t waste your time looking for it there. Instead, you can get the Mobdro download links from the official website. If that doesn’t work, try using a mirror site.
There are two versions available for download: free and premium. Compared to the free edition, Mobdro Premium comes with more advanced features. For instance, you can download any videos and them offline on your device, which is ideal for saving your bandwidth.
You don’t have to worry about manually updating Mobdro just because it’s not in the Play Store. The APK has integrated functionality for checking the web for newer versions and prompts you whenever there’s a pending update.
How to install Mobdro on Android
- Allow your Android to install apps from unknown sources in developer mode (Settings > Developer options)
- Download the Mobdro APK
- Set up Mobdro, open the app, and give it permission to access data on your device
How to install Mobdro on Firestick
- Allow your Firestick to install apps from unknown sources (Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options)
- Download the Mobdro APK using the Downloader app for Firestick
- Install and launch Mobdro to start using the app
What about Windows and Mac?
Mobdro isn’t compatible with Windows and Mac. However, you can use it on those unsupported devices with the help of an Android emulator.
We’re using BlueStacks on a Windows PC in the following example:
- Download BlueStacks for Windows from the official website
- Install and launch BlueStacks
- Use the built-in browser to visit the Mobdro website and download the APK
- Install and launch Mobdro
Just keep in mind that you can’t use the app outside of the Android emulator. Other than that, you can take advantage of the same features as on as genuine Android device.
How to use Mobdro
The app groups video content in different categories such as Channels, News, Shows, Movies, Sports, Music, and Gaming. You just have to pick a category, explore its options, and tap a video to watch it. There’s a Live section where you can watch live streaming, too.
It’s possible to create a list of favorite videos or channels that you can easily access the next time you open the app.
In addition to viewing recently watched videos and downloading them for offline view, you can limit access to age-inappropriate content by activating a parental filter. It’s particularly useful for Firestick users with children.
Unfortunately, the only way to disable in-app ads is by sharing the idle resources of your device, which isn’t recommended.
Mobdro not working?
If you’re having trouble getting Mobdro to work on your device, here’s are several solutions you can try:
- Check your Internet connection and make sure that your Wi-Fi network is working properly. The easiest way to test your Wi-Fi is by switching to wired mode if this is possible. Otherwise, you should restart your router.
- Get the latest Mobdro update. As mentioned before, Mobdro prompts you whenever there’s a newer version available for download, so you just have to allow it. But you can also try reinstalling the APK.
- Update your Android. Make sure you’re always using the newest Android release to benefit from improvements and any fixes made for known network connectivity issues.
- Enable hardware accelerated decoding. You can find it in the Settings section to avoid buffering problems.
- Check if Mobdro is down. The app doesn’t always work the way it should, and there’s nothing you can do about it except wait.
Mobdro provides a simple way to watch TV and live streaming videos on Android devices. The free version is more than enough for most users. It’s wrapped in an intuitive interface and comes packed with a lot of cool features.
The biggest problem is that it sometimes inflicts copyright infringement by streaming videos without permission.
It could mean the downfall of Mobdro since it falls in the same category as illegal torrenting.