Canadians, you don’t have to settle for geoblocked Fox Sports Go streams. Instead, you can regain access with the anonymizing power of VPN encryption. All you need to do is pick the right provider, then spoof your virtual location to appear inside the United States. The process is easy, and we walk you through it below.
Fox Sports Go launched in 2013, and is already considered to be one of the best streaming tools for watching live sports coverage online. However, it’s currently working only within the United States, so if you love sports but are located abroad, the service is unavailable. In order to overcome these regional limitations while staying in Canada, you will need a VPN.
Unblock Fox Sports Go streams in Canada with these reliable, buffer-free VPNs:
- NordVPN – Best for Live Sports – NordVPN has more servers in the US than most VPNs have in their entire network, with military-strength encryption and a great logging policy–perfect for unblocking Fox Sports Go in Canada.
- Surfshark – Automatic obfuscation, static US IP addresses, and a snappy network are great for unblocking sports streams.
- ExpressVPN – The king of speed, use this provider if you regularly watch in UHD.
- CyberGhost – Spoofing made easy; just select “unblock streaming sites” and you’re off to the races.
- PrivateVPN – Neither the biggest nor fastest, but one of the best for anonymity with their entirely self-owned network.
Even when located elsewhere, you no longer need to miss the NBA playoffs, the Super Bowl, or any other major sporting events in America. In this article, we will explain how to pick a VPN service, give you our top provider recommendations, provide you with a step-by-step guide to get started, and discuss the major advantages of using Fox Sports Go.
Unblock live sports with the right VPN
Whether you are an expat living in Canada or just traveling there for a short period of time, you will need to use a VPN service to watch Fox Sports Go. With so many providers out there, it takes some research to make an informed decision as to which service to use. To help you make this decision based on your internet needs, we have put together important feature criteria to consider when reading about our VPN recommendations.
- Servers in the United States – If you want to get a seamless connection with Fox Sports Go, you will need to have a large range of servers in America. This will give you the chance to connect to the most reliable server available, and in turn increase your connection speed.
- Fast connections – Since you are going to be streaming video, you will need a secure and fast internet connection. VPNs slow down connection by default due to the process of encrypting your data, but a quality VPN provider will make the difference barely noticeable.
- Range of software available – When you will be ready to install the VPN, you will need to find the software compatible with your device and operating system. All our recommended providers are user-friendly and employ advanced security features. However, wide software availability is also a major factor.
- Strong privacy features – A major advantage of using a high-quality VPN service is that your browsing data and information will be stored securely, if at all. This will protect your ID from the government and cyber criminals. Look for a provider with strong encryption and a zero-logging policy to stay as untraceable as possible online.
Top VPN providers for accessing Fox Sports Go outside the US
We’ve tested out the VPN market using the criteria above, and have compiled this list of the best VPNs proven to unblock Fox Sports Go in Canada:
NordVPN is ideal for world travelers who are looking to watch American sports while abroad, including expats or tourists in Canada. With one of the biggest server networks in the industry, consisting of 5,500 servers in 58 countries, this provider is ideal for unblocking regional blocks and accessing wider ranges of content outside of the U.S. What’s more, NordVPN offers a range of specialty servers dedicated to onion over VPN, which grants users ultimate anonymity on the Onion network, anti-DDoS, double VPN, P2P, dedicated IP address, and more. These servers are useful for things like ensuring complete privacy while you are browsing online, as well as allowing you to hide the fact that you are using a VPN.
Firstly, the 256-bit encryption is practically unbreakable; it would take the world’s strongest supercomputer millions of years to get anywhere near cracking it. Encryption protocols include UDP, TCP, L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP. The no logging policy employed by NordVPN is one of the most comprehensive in the industry, and ensures complete anonymity while you are using the VPN. NordVPN has a very intuitive user interface, which is impressive considering its advanced range of features. Whether you are a rookie or an experienced VPN customer, this is a solid choice for streaming videos. The app is available for Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP), Mac OS, Linux, Android, and many more operating systems and devices.
Read our full NordVPN review.
- Servers optimized for unblocking Netflix
- Different IP addresses aervers
- Strong encryption is used on all connections
- Strict zero logs policy on both traffic and metadata
- Money back guarantee policy (30-days).
- Apps can sometime be slow to connect.
Surfshark may have a middling network in terms of quantity of servers (just north of 800 nodes in 50 countries), but it makes up for it in quality. Indeed, the entire network is hosted on diskless infrastructure, which improves response times, decreases latency, and continuously wipes its databanks of any identifiable user metadata.
Moreover, quite a few of those servers are located south of the border in the US. This include static IP and multi-hop servers. You can use these to not only unblock Fox Sports Go, but American Netflix, Hulu, and other geoblocks services. And it’s all highly secure, thanks to Surfshark’s NSA-grade 256-AES-GCM encryption.
Better yet, if Surfshark detects your ISP keeping tabs on you, it will automatically employ the Camouflage obfuscation method, which is like a VPN for your VPN. Coupled with an independently audited logging policy, and you’ve got one of the best ways to unblock sports streams in Canada.
- Every server optimized for unblocking Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more
- Every server is a speciality server
- No questions asked money back guarantee
- Based in the British Virgin Islands, where there are no data retention laws
- Responsive customer support available 24/7.
- Growing network doesn’t have same coverage as more mature VPNs
- New-kid-on-the-block status may not instill same trust as larger providers.
Read our full Surfshark review.
ExpressVPN is our top VPN recommendation, and one of the best overall providers on the market at the moment. The service delivers the ultimate threefold – speedy connection, simple interface and solid security features. This makes it an ideal choice for streaming videos on websites like Fox Sports Go from anywhere in the world, including Canada.
With a massive network of 3,000+ proxy servers across 94 countries, ExpressVPN delivers a wide variety of connection options. These include numerous locations within the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. The app is very easy to use and you will hardly notice the software while you are streaming videos.
Employing 256-bit AES cryptography, ExpressVPN is virtually impossible to crack by even the world’s most sophisticated supercomputer. Encryption protocols include openVPN’s UDP and TCP, as well as L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP, which gives you ample options to beat even the most hardcore censorship blocks. The no-logging policy ensures that all your information, from timestamps to IP addresses, cannot be traced back to you. The unlimited bandwidth and lack of speed caps is ideal for watching matches on Fox Sports Go. This means that your entire experience will be seamless and you will not be interrupted by buffering messages or loading delays. ExpressVPN is available for Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, Chrome, and even game consoles.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off - link below)
- Fast serves with minimal speed loss
- OpenVPN, IPSec & IKEv2 Encryption
- Strict no-logs policy
- 24/7 Customer Service.
- Slightly more expensive than some other options.
CyberGhost’s service is focused on user privacy and ease of use. With 5,500 servers in 80 countries and over 1,000 servers in America alone, this provider is an excellent choice for those looking to unlock American broadcasting while abroad. CyberGhost has a default connection using the OpenVPN protocol with a whopping 256-bit AES encryption. For more advanced users, there are more settings options, including automated HTTPS redirection, extra speed, and ad blocking. The provider also has a strict zero-logging policy and even don’t keep the users’ email addresses. The only details that are stored are anonymous log-in information once per day in order to gather statistics on people’s activities on a monthly basis.
Other notable features of CyberGhost include the automatic kill switch and the DNS and IP leak protection. This means that in case you should get disconnected, your information will still be protected. Furthermore, the unlimited bandwidth and no speed caps will allow you to watch videos and even matches without any interruptions or limitations. CyberGhost allows to connect up to five devices to the account. If you are using your smartphone, tablet, and PC, you still have two devices of your choice to connect. CyberGhost is available for a wide range of devices and operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and even Router and Raspberry Pi.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
- Unblocks US Netflix in App
- Great user experience and easy installation
- 2,048-bit RSA keys and SHA256 authentication
- Strict no-logging policy
- 24/7 Live Chat Support.
- IPv6 WebRTC leak in macOS
- Sometimes experiencing average speeds.
PrivateVPN‘s network covers over 150 servers in 60+ countries, including a wide range all across the United States. Furthermore, this provider grants you entirely unmonitored access to torrenting and P2P connections, as well as no limitations on bandwidth. In our full review of PrivateVPN, we provide you with a full list of devices and operating systems this app is available for. These include Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, and some routers and game consoles. The installation and setup processes are straightforward, while connecting to their available servers takes only a few clicks – this makes PrivateVPN ideal for VPN newbies and veterans alike.
Featuring military grade 256-bit encryption, you won’t ever have to worry about your VPN connection getting cracked by brute force. Encryption inevitably slows down your connection speed, so the option to downgrade to 128-AES can help accelerate your connection speed when you need it for gaming or streaming. Another essential security feature employed by this VPN provider is an automatic kill switch, which is constantly monitoring your connection to the server. In case you get disconnected, it shuts down your entire internet connection to ensure that your data does not get into the hands of your ISP.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
How to use a VPN to watch Fox Sports Go from Canada
Using a VPN service with Fox Sports Go while in Canada only takes a few simple steps.
In order to begin, go into the web browser on your device of choice; enter the VPN provider’s website and sign into your VPN account. Download the app that is compatible with your device and operating system. For example, if you are browsing on an LG mobile phone, you will need to download the app for an Android smartphone. This step may result in you getting redirected to the operating system’s app store.
Once you install the VPN, launch the app and sign in using your account information. The majority of apps will immediately connect you to the quickest available server around you, which should be suitable for you to watch Fox Sports Go. However, if you want to connect to a different location in the United States, you can manually select a server to connect to.
In order to make sure that the VPN is working properly, it’s important to do an IP address lookup test at this stage. This only takes a few minutes and will ensure that your connection is secure. Go on ipleak.net; this page will run an automatic test to make sure the VPN is working. If it is working, you will see the server you have chosen under “Your IP Addresses” in the top corner. If, however, you see your physical location in that list, it probably means there is a leak and you should contact your VPN provider directly for support. Once you’ve downloaded, installed and tested the VPN, you are ready to stream videos and surf content on Fox Sports Go, even though you are in Canada!
Why unblock Fox Sports Go?
Fox Sports Go (FSGO) is a streaming service that allows you watch any televised sporting event without having to sit in front of the television. Since its launch in 2013, Fox Sports Go covered many significant events in sports. For example, in 2017, the free broadcast of the Super Bowl averaged 1.7 million users per minute, which was available to users for free. This was a whopping 0.3 million increase from the year before.
FSGO offers unrestricted access to an array of sports content, including exclusive interviews and important highlights. Millions of sports fans across America use this tool to watch live sports streams online, and the variety is one of the main reasons. FSGO provides streaming from some of the most important cable channels, including Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and Fox College Sports. You can also access NBA, NHL and MLB games from regional networks, which will mean that you will never miss an important match again, even if you are on your phone in the middle of the day and far away from the TV.
Whether you are enjoying your vacation in Canada or are thinking of traveling anywhere else outside the U.S., Fox Sports Go will allow you to find content that is perhaps not even available on TV. Whether you want to watch NBA playoffs, stream the World Cup or see your college team’s interview through Chromecast, the app is pretty much all you will need to stay up to date.
Other VPN safety tips for users in Canada
VPNs are made to keep your privacy and identity secure, as well as help you bypass geographical restrictions and access websites that would otherwise be blocked for your IP address. In order to make sure you always stay safe online, follow the tips below:
- Keep your Fox Sports Go account credentials unique – Make sure you do not use the same account information on other websites. This would help prevent criminals from snooping around and gaining access to your accounts and history across several platforms.
- Use a strong password – In order to make it hard for anyone to break into your personal details, use a password that is a minimum of eight characters long, containing a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters, as well as numbers and other symbols.
- Do not use free VPN services – Free VPN services are not reliable in terms of security. Due to the lack of a no-logging policy, your information is essentially at risk of being sold to interested third parties or even the government. With a paid VPN service, you can be sure that your information will be impossible to trace back to you.
- Change your account password every few months – Opinions often vary on this subject, but most websites and professionals suggest changing your account password at least every 2-3 months. This would decrease the chances of your account being hacked.
Can’t wait to stream videos on Fox Sports Go even though you are located in Canada? By opting for one of our recommended providers, you can access content that is normally only available in the US within minutes. Whether you are in Canada on vacation or have moved there permanently, you no longer need to find alternative, complicated ways to watch your favorite sports events.
What is the first match you are going to watch with your new connection to Fox Sports Go? Leave us and our readers some ideas down below!
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. NordVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.