The Eurosport channel is one of the biggest and most popular sports sources in Europe. Whether you want to watch football, rugby, tennis, F1, or many other sports, the Eurosport channel will show you the latest and most essential sports events. Some users choose to watch Eurosport on their TV through a cable or satellite package, but increasing numbers of people are cutting the TV cable completely and moving all of their watching to online sources.
Fortunately, if you want to watch Eurosport content but you aren’t interested in a TV package, you can get a subscription to the Eurosport Player. This service allows you to watch all of the TV content and much more through your web browser. Not only does this mean that you can watch everything online instead of on the TV, but also you can watch games at the time of your choosing. So no worries if you miss a game–you can always catch it later.
There are some drawbacks to using Eurosport Player, however. Some content is only available in certain countries, and if you go travelling then you won’t be able to watch Eurosport Player as usual. But there is a way to get around these problems using a VPN. Below we’ll explain to you how this works, then recommend for you the best VPNs for watching Eurosport.
Who Needs a VPN to Watch Eurosport?
So, why might you want to use a VPN to watch Eurosport? There are several groups of users who can benefit from using a VPN:
- European users who live outside of the UK. There are different versions of Eurosport Player available in various European countries, though many users agree that the UK version is the best and most comprehensive. If you live in Germany, Italy, or another European country and you can’t find the particular game that you want to watch, you can use a VPN to access the UK version of the player instead. It’s more likely that you’ll find the game you want there.
- Users from outside of Europe. If you live in a non-European country like the USA, Canada, or Australia, then you won’t be usually able to access Eurosport Player. But if you want to watch the content – especially if you’re a fan of soccer, rugby, or other European sports – then you can use a VPN to access the site from your home country.
- Users who are going travelling. If you travel to another European country and try to use the Eurosport Player, you’ll notice that you’re only able to access the local content on the site. Worse still, if you travel outside of Europe then you may not be able to use the site at all. You can use a VPN to keep accessing the Eurosport Player as usual while you are travelling.
- If your Eurosport Player is too slow or not working. Sometimes, ISPs will choose to block or throttle certain types of connections which use a lot of bandwidth. Video streaming services like the Eurosport Player take up lots of bandwidth, and so if you find the site is running too slow or you can’t access it at all, it could be a problem with your ISP. Using a VPN can allow you to get around these throttles and restrictions and watch Eurosport more smoothly.
How to Choose a VPN for Eurosport
If you fall into one of the above classifications of users, it’s probably easy to see why you might be interested in using a VPN. But with so many different providers out there, it can be hard to determine which is the best for your needs. To help you with this decision, we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for Eurosport, based on these factors:
- Lots of servers in European countries. Having a large range of servers will make it easier for you to find one which works reliably, and having servers in a large number of countries will give you plenty of options for watching Eurosport from different regions.
- Super-fast connections. If you’re going to be streaming video, you need a fast and reliable internet connection. When you connect to a VPN it will inevitably slow down your connection by some amount, but we looked for VPN providers which you’ll barely notice instead of those which are frustratingly slow.
- Quality of the software available. When you choose a VPN, you’ll need to install the software created by your provider. We look for VPN software which is reliable, easy to use, and with extra features like kill switches or DNS leak protection. We also like to see support for multiple different operating systems, so you can use your VPN to watch Eurosport from any of your devices.
- Strong privacy options. Another advantage of using a VPN is that it will make your browsing safer and keep your internet use private from your ISP and other snoopers like law enforcement. We look for strong encryption to protect your data and a no-logging policy to ensure your privacy.
The Top VPNs for Unlimited Eurosport Access
ExpressVPN is a favourite VPN provider among power users thanks to its super-speedy connections, which are perfect for streaming video from sites like the Eurosport Player. It has a massive network of 145 server locations in more than 90 counties, along with a speed test feature which is built into the software and which can be used to identify and connect to the fastest server possible.
This speed doesn’t come at the expense of security, however. The service uses strong 256-bit encryption and has a no-logging policy so you can be sure your privacy is protected. The software is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, and Android. There’s also an easy-to-use browser extension which you can get for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, which is perfect if you’re not very experienced technically.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off - link below)
- Reliable and fast connections
- AES-256 encryption
- No logging policy well enforced
- Great customer service via chat.
- Priced slightly higher.
IPVanish is another great choice for users who care most about speed. They have lightning-fast connections, so if you want to watch online video in high definition then you’ll be very happy. The network spans across 850 servers in 60 countries, including plenty in Europe for all your Eurosport watching needs.
The software supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, and is very easy to use. It also has bonus features like a kill switch which will prevent you from accidentally using an unsecured connection, DNS leak protection for ultimate security, and an option to automatically switch your IP address after a set amount of time. The security is also good, with 256-bit encryption and a no-logging policy.
NordVPN is great for globe trotters, as it has a massive network of servers all over the world. With a total of more than 1000 servers in 60 different countries including many in Europe, you can always find a server in whichever country you need in order to watch Eurosport. The service specialises in getting around region locks so it’s perfect for using on sites like Eurosport, Netflix, Hulu, or BBC iPlayer.
The service also has a strong record on security, with its special double data encryption and strict no-logging policy to ensure your safety. The software is available for Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android, in addition to an extension for the Google Chrome browser.
- Servers optimized for unblocking Netflix
- Different IP addresses aervers
- Tor over VPN, double VPN
- Based in Panama
- Money back guarantee policy.
- Some servers can be slow and unreliable
- Apps can be a bit cumbersome to use.
VyprVPN is ideal for security-conscious users, especially those who are located in China. Many people living in or travelling though China use a VPN to get around the harsh internet restrictions imposed by the Chinese government, however, the government uses increasingly sophisticated VPN detection to prevent them from doing this. Fortunately, VyprVPN is able to get around even the newest VPN detection through the use of their Chameleon protocol which encrypts both the data sent over their network and the metadata, such as the location of the origin and destination of the data.
There are servers in more than 70 countries around the world, so you can find a server wherever you need one. The software supports Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Android TV. Naturally, given the security aware nature of the service, there’s a no-logging policy for the company too.
For the simplest and most user-friendly approach to VPN protection, you can try PureVPN. The unique feature of this service is all of the bonus security features that it includes as well as the standard VPN. The bundle includes software for ad blocking software, malware protection, anti-virus software, and web filtering, which is ideal for installing onto the devices of your children or less technically savvy members of your family. You can set up PureVPN on their machines and then know that they are protected against a whole range of cyber threats.
The PureVPN network covers 750 servers in 140 different countries, including many servers in Europe for watching Eurosport. The service has 256-bit encryption and a no-logging policy, and the software supports Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Android TV, plus browser extensions for the Chrome and Firefox browsers.
How to Watch Eurosport with a VPN
Once you’ve selected a VPN, you can get started watching Eurosport. If you don’t already have a Eurosport subscription, here’s how you can set it up.
You can buy a subscription to the Eurosport Player site and use it to watch high-quality streams of sporting events, either live or later on demand. The passes costs £4.99 for a day pass, which is great if there’s one big game which you want to watch, or £29.99 for an annual pass, which is terrific value for a whole year’s worth of sport.
If you’re based outside of Europe and you want to buy a pass, you should first use the VPN software from your provider to connect to a server in the UK. Then you visit the Eurosport website and you’ll be able to buy a subscription.
Subscription for the Eurosport Player service can be found at https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/subscribe
When you have a subscription, you can connect to a VPN server elsewhere in Europe and visit the Eurosport site to see regional versions of it. If you’re struggling to find the game you want, try connecting to a server in the UK and searching again.
Eurosport is a terrific sports broadcaster, and their Eurosport Player is ideal for those who want to watch sports but don’t care for buying a TV subscription package. Though watching sports through the website is smooth and easy with a Eurosport Player subscription, it does have some limitations based on the geographical region in which you are currently located.
In order to get the most out of the service, you can use a VPN to access content from any geographic region. We’ve recommended five strong VPNs which you can use for watching Eurosport. Did we mention your favourite VPN for Eurosport in this article, or is there another which you prefer? Let us know in the comments below!