Telemundo Deportes is the Spanish language broadcasting network owned by NBC. It’s been around for nearly two decades in one form or another, always broadcasting an array of sporting events, including the Olympic games, NBA and WNBA basketball, and regular football/soccer matches. Notably, Telemundo Deportes featured several FIFA World Cup 2018 matches to enable fans to follow the action with full Spanish commentary.
Telemundo Deportes is available for most of the Americas, including the U.S. and Mexico. Some users may still encounter problems accessing the U.S.-owned site from abroad, however, running into the dreaded blocked messages when trying to load a video. If you see a black screen with “Restricción Geográfica: Este contenido no está disponible en su ubicación” when trying to watch Telemundo, you’re out of the channel’s broadcast range.
Fortunately there’s an easy way to bypass the geo-restriction blockade and unlock Telemundo Deportes worldwide. All you have to do is use a solid virtual private network (VPN) service with access to U.S. IP addresses, then you’re good to go. With the right VPN in the background you’ll be able to watch all of Telemundo Deportes’ sports, including soccer/football, and even the World Cup!
- 1 Getting the Best VPN for Telemundo Deportes
- 2 Top 5 Best VPNs for Telemundo Deportes
- 3 Unblock and Watch Telemundo Deportes with a VPN
- 4 Conclusion
Getting the Best VPN for Telemundo Deportes
Finding the right VPN for any purpose can be a difficult task. How do you know which features to prioritize or which services live up to their promises? There are a few tips you can use to help narrow the list, all of which we’ve outlined below. And be sure to keep reading for our top recommendations for the best VPNs to use with Telemundo Deportes!
Best VPN Streaming Features
Sometimes it takes forever to research a VPN. You want the right balance of features and aren’t willing to sacrifice certain extras in the process, but how to you prioritize the right ones? Below are the most important criteria you should use when researching a VPN. We used these very facts when making our selection for the best Telemundo Deportes VPN, listed below.
- Device support – Your VPN has to provide an app for your device, otherwise you can’t use it!
- Fast downloads – VPNs can be slower than a standard, unencrypted internet connection. The best VPNs work to offset that as much as possible.
- Server network – The more servers a VPN offers, the more connection options are at your disposal.
- Zero-logging policy – Always make sure your service has a strict zero-logging policy, no exceptions.
Is it Ok to Use a Free VPN with Telemundo Deportes?
If you go to any browser extension marketplace or online app store and search for a VPN, the first several results that pop up almost always center around free services. It’s tempting to install one of these supposedly fast and secure VPNs, but the reality is that no-charge VPN apps are more trouble than they’re worth.
In order to stay online, free VPNs have to make money from somewhere. Since customers aren’t providing that income, they usually resort to storing and selling user information to third party advertisers, which is a direct violation of your privacy. Free VPNs also tend to be slow, block certain torrents and video streams, and have strict bandwidth caps to prevent you from downloading too much. This leads to an overall poor experience, making free VPNs too much hassle for streaming online videos. What’s more, they can even make you less safe!
Top 5 Best VPNs for Telemundo Deportes
It’s time to choose a VPN! We’ve done the research and provided a list of the five best VPNs to use for watching Telemundo Deportes. Each one is fast, secure, reliable, and affordable, providing the perfect environment for live sports streams from the U.S. on any device, anywhere in the world.
1 – ExpressVPN – Fast and User-Friendly
ExpressVPN offers some of the fastest connection speeds of any VPN. It’s also perhaps the easiest VPN to use, featuring custom software built around an intuitive one-click connection mechanism. This allows anyone to sign on and stay safe on a variety of devices with a minimal amount of fuss. You’ll also have access to the entire ExpressVPN network, over 2,000 servers in 94 different countries, each with unlimited bandwidth for web browsing, torrent traffic, and movie streams!
ExpressVPN deploys 256-bit AES encryption to lock down all your data, preventing third parties from seeing what you download or stream. Your online experience is kept secure with DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch, both of which keep your identity hidden even if your connection gets interrupted. ExpressVPN also has a zero-logging policy on traffic to ensure no one can spy on your online activity.
A well-maintained and massive server network makes it easy to connect and watch Telemundo Deportes anywhere in the world. The company offers hundreds of servers across the Americas, including tons of locations in the United States for the fastest speeds around.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off - link below)
- Fastest servers we have tested
- Secure encryption & VPN protocols
- No logs for personal data
- Customer Service (24/7 Chat).
- High cost for month-to-month users.
Check out our full ExpressVPN review to learn more about the ExpressVPN experience.
2 – NordVPN – Fast and Powerful Protection
NordVPN sets itself apart from competing VPNs by including several exclusive features that are too impressive to ignore. The biggest of these is the company’s server network, which currently sits at a staggering 4,500 servers in 62 different countries. Many of these are tasked with exclusive features like double encryption, DDoS protection, and onion routing. All data that passes through these servers is locked down with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and an automatic kill switch, as well.
Rest easier with a strict zero-logging policy that covers everything from bandwidth to time stamps, traffic to IP addresses. Your activity is never recorded or shared with third parties when you use NordVPN, giving you complete privacy from the get-go.
NordVPN operates over 2,000 servers in the Americas, including the United States. You’ll always be able to grab a reliable IP address to stream Telemundo Deportes at any time, all with fast speeds and impeccable online privacy.
- Unblocks US Netflix, iPlayer, Amazon Prime and other streaming services
- Different IP addresses aervers
- 2,048-bit SSL keys and DNS leak protection
- Strict zero logs policy on both traffic and metadata
- Money back guarantee policy (30-days).
- Apps can be a bit cumbersome to use.
Learn more about the NordVPN experience in our full NordVPN review.
3 – CyberGhost – Fast, Secure, Safe
The fast and secure VPN CyberGhost delivers incredible connection speeds to users around the world, allowing for smooth HD video streams from Telemundo Deportes, Netflix, Hulu, or any other online video service. CyberGhost accomplishes this with a strong network of over 2,400 servers in 60 different countries, all with unlimited bandwidth, no restrictions on torrent or P2P downloads, and unlimited server switches across mobile and desktop devices.
With 256-bit AES encryption on all data, a zero-logging policy on traffic, time stamps, and IP address, and DNS leak protection with an automatic kill switch, CyberGhost’s core privacy features work together to keep your identity safe every time you connect, all while encrypting data for complete online security.
CyberGhost’s server network has a strong presence in the Americas, including over 375 in the U.S. alone. This makes it an ideal VPN to use for watching and streaming Telemundo Deportes events.
- LOW PRICE: 6 EXTRA free months (79% off - link below)
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) torrenting allowed
- Versatile and user-friendly
- Strict no-logging policy
- 24/7 Live Chat Support.
- WebRTC IPv6 leak in macOS
- Can’t unblock some popular streaming sites.
Learn more about CyberGhost’s great features in our complete CyberGhost review.
4 – PrivateVPN – Stable and Secure
PrivateVPN hits that delicate balance between security and speed without skipping a beat. The full-service VPN allows anyone to log in and stay safe around the world, across mobile devices, tablets, PCs, and more. The software is fast and easy to understand, as well, which makes PrivateVPN an ideal service for newcomers to the VPN realm, or anyone who wants reliable protection without having to fight with a complicated app setup.
PrivateVPN runs a small but fast network of over 80 servers in 56 different countries, delivering plenty of speed and location variety for its users. The service locks down data with 256-bit AES encryption, keeps your connection safe with an automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection, and features a zero logging policy on all traffic, as well!
The PrivateVPN server network is carefully curated to deliver quality connections. There are multiple locations in the United States to choose from, giving you easy access to Telemundo Deportes streams as soon as you join.
Read more about PrivateVPN’s useful features in our full PrivateVPN review.
5 – PureVPN – Privacy and Much More
PureVPN delivers more than just IP address variability and online privacy through encryption; it is an all-in-one security suite that keeps you safe from a variety of online dangers. With PureVPN, you get anti-virus protection, malware shields, app blocking features, and DNS website filtering, all wrapped in a single package. Download the VPN software and install, then simply choose the extra protections you’d like to take advantage of. That’s it!
PureVPN provides privacy thanks to a zero-logging policy on traffic, an automatic kill switch, solid 256-bit AES encryption on all data, and DNS leak protection. These work with the company’s self-owned network of 750 servers in 180 different countries, providing a ton of options for fast, safe, and secure connections around the world.
Their network offers nearly 200 connections in North, Central, and South America, including well over 100 in the United States alone. If you’re looking to start watching Telemundo Deportes, PureVPN can deliver!
Unblock and Watch Telemundo Deportes with a VPN
Got your VPN all picked out and ready to go? Now comes the moment when you finally get to switch it on and start using it to stream Telemundo Deportes from around the world! Follow the steps below to connect to a secure server, verify your new IP address, and start watching Telemundo Deportes.
Step 1 – Set Up Your VPN
Choose one of the recommended VPNs from above, then create an account and start your subscription. Make sure everything is in order before continuing, as you’ll need an active account before you can actually use the VPN.
- Sign into your VPN’s website and download the app for your device. Android and iOS users may need to install it from the app store, instead.
- Install the app and launch it, then enter your login credentials.
- Open the server list and choose the fastest one located inside the U.S.
- Connect to the server and give your VPN a few moments to resolve the connection.
- Minimize the VPN to let it run quietly in the background.
Step 2 – Verify Your IP
Once your VPN is connected, it’s a good idea to verify that your IP address actually changed, otherwise you won’t be able to stream Telemundo Deportes. Strictly speaking, this is an optional step. But if this is your first time using a VPN, or if you’re using a new service, it’s a good idea to check things out really quick so you know you’re secure.
- Make sure your VPN is active and connected. Any server will do.
- Open a web browser and go to ipleak.net.
- Wait for the page to load and run your IP address lookup.
- Check the box at the top of the page beneath “Your IP addresses”. If it shows a country other than the one you’re currently in, the VPN is working correctly.
- If the box shows your physical location, you may need to reinstall the VPN app, or check with your provider to resolve any potential IP leak errors.
Step 3 – Watch Telemundo Deportes
Your account is ready and your VPN is good to go. It’s time to stream some football! Telemundo Deportes makes it extremely easy to watch free streams online. You don’t need to create an account or jump through any crazy hoops, just make sure your VPN is connected to the right server, pick a video, and enjoy.
Follow these steps to watch Telemundo Deportes on any web browser:
- Make sure your VPN is connected to a U.S. server by following the steps above.
- Open a web browser and visit the Telemundo Deportes home page at http://www.telemundodeportes.com
- Click the Videos option at the top menu bar, or select any of the videos on the main page you’re interested in watching.
- Choose a stream you want to watch.
- Click the Play button at the center of your video to begin the stream.
If you encounter the “Restricción Geográfica” error message when going through the steps above, repeat the processes outlined in sections one and two, reload the page, then try again. Note that you may be asked to use a cable provider login to access some content, which means you must have a valid subscription with a U.S.-based service, even with a VPN active.
Bonus – Watch Telemundo Deportes on iPhone and Android
Do you have an iOS or Android device? Telemundo Deportes offers a full-featured streaming app that lets you catch up on all the sports videos you want. You’ll need a valid cable subscription with a U.S. provider to use it, but even if you’re traveling abroad, you can switch on a VPN to maintain reliable access.
- Follow the steps above to download and connect a VPN to your smartphone. Let it run in the background connected to a U.S. server.
- Visit your device’s app store and search for Telemundo Deportes – En Vivo published by NBCUniversal Media, LLC.
- Download the app and launch it.
- Sign in using your cable network provider’s login credentials.
- Choose a video and start streaming!
Telemundo Deportes is an enormously popular resource for Spanish-language sports, especially during World Cup events! The channel offers a variety of content on its website, including highlights, interviews, play-by-play discussions, and live matches. With the right VPN and a connection to a U.S. server, you’ll be able to watch Telemundo Deportes from anywhere in the world, even on your mobile device!
Did you catch any World Cup coverage on Telemundo? What are you looking forward to streaming next? Let us know in the comments section!