TF1 is an immensely popular French TV station that streams sports, live events, drama, and of course, the FIFA World Cup 2018. The channel’s My TF1 service brings most of its exclusive content to the website, giving you fast and easy access to tons of free French streams on any device, including PCs and smartphones.
There are some limitations to watching TF1 online, however. The most frustrating of these is the “Ce contenu est indisponible dans votre région” error message, which simply says the content is blocked in your current area. This means you’re trying to access TF1 outside of its approved broadcast areas, and it can put a quick end to your streaming plans.
Fortunately there’s an easy way to bypass the error and unblock TF1. All you have to do is use a reliable VPN. With the right service running in the background you’ll be able to watch all of TF1’s content anywhere in the world with just a couple of clicks!
- 1 Choosing the Best VPN for TF1
- 2 Top 5 Best VPNs for TF1
- 3 How to Use a VPN to Unblock and Watch TF1
- 4 Conclusion
How to get a FREE VPN for 30 days
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. ExpressVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.
Choosing the Best VPN for TF1
How do you find the right VPN for unblocking and watching TF1? By knowing what to look for, and by doing a little research. We’ve streamlined the process by providing a little information below that will help you find the best VPN for the job.
Top VPN Streaming Features
Researching a VPN can be a time intensive process, especially if you’re new to the online privacy world. You’ll want a good balance of speed and security, but you can’t sacrifice things like trust or reliability, either. Below are the top criteria we used to select our recommended VPN services in the following section.
- Device support – In order to use a VPN, it has to have an app for your device.
- Fast downloads – VPNs can be slower than an unencrypted internet connection. A good VPN service works to offset that.
- Size of network – The more servers a VPN offers, the more options are at your disposal.
- Unlimited bandwidth – Some VPNs restrict how much bandwidth you can use, which can cut your streams off right in the middle!
- Zero-logging policy – VPNs can log activity just like any ISP. Always make sure your service has a strict zero-logging policy.
Using Free VPNs with TF1
As soon as you start looking for good VPNs to use with TF1, you’ll likely encounter dozens or even hundreds of free services. Each of these products claims to offer the fastest downloads and the best encryption ratings, but the truth of the matter is free VPNs can be dangerous to use, especially for online streaming.
Free VPNs have to make money in order to keep their network online. If they can’t get income from paying customers, they have to resort to other methods. The most commonly used tactic is to sell user information to advertisers, destroying your privacy in an instant. Some VPNs also inject ads into your browser while you watch movies or surf the web.
These services can also be slow and riddled with limitations, things like blocked torrents, sluggish servers, and caps on how much data you can use. The VPN marketplace is competitive and has driven prices down to just a few USD per month for reliable service. You’re far better off sticking with an inexpensive VPN than rolling the dice with a free service.
Top 5 Best VPNs for TF1
Think you’re ready to choose a VPN? We’ve done the research and found the five best VPNs to use when you want to unblock TF1 and watch it from anywhere in the world. Check out the list below and be secure in the fact that each and every one is fast, private, and reliable!
1 – ExpressVPN
No matter where you live, ExpressVPN offers the fastest connection speeds and easiest to use custom software, all while keeping your privacy intact. ExpressVPN deploys 256-bit AES encryption to lock down all your data, preventing third parties from seeing what you download or stream. Your online experience is further enhanced with DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch, both of which keep your identity hidden even if your connection gets interrupted.
Dedicated software is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and more, and it’s extremely easy to use. You’ll have access to the entire ExpressVPN network, over 2,000 servers in 94 different countries, each with unlimited bandwidth and fast download speeds for web browsing, torrent traffic, and movie streams! ExpressVPN also has a strict zero-logging policy on traffic to ensure no one can spy on your online activity.
ExpressVPN’s server network offers connections around the world. Crucially, it features several locations within France, giving you instant access to a French IP address for streaming TF1 anywhere you travel.
- Unblocks US Netflix
- Superfast servers (minimal speed loss)
- Very simple and easy to use
- Keeps no logs of personal data
- 24/7 Chat Support.
- Month-to-month plan has high cost.
Check out our full ExpressVPN review for more info about the ExpressVPN experience.
2 – NordVPN
What really sets NordVPN apart from other VPN services is its unique server offerings. The network delivers plenty of connection options with a staggering 4,500+ servers in 62 different countries. Many of these are tasked with specific functions, such as double encryption, DDoS protection, and onion routing.
The company maintains a strict zero-logging policy that covers everything from bandwidth to time stamps, traffic to IP addresses, meaning your activity is never recorded or shared with third parties. Backing these features is 256-bit AES encryption on all data, an automatic kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a host of customizable encryption features designed to keep you safe online.
NordVPN operates over 2,000 servers in Europe, with multiple locations within France, This means you’ll be able to use a French IP address to watch TF1 at any time, all without sacrificing your online privacy.
- Servers optimized for unblocking Netflix
- 5,400+ servers globally
- Up to 6 simultaneous connections
- Strict zero logs policy on both traffic and metadata
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Some servers can have average d/l speeds
- Apps can be a bit cumbersome to use.
Learn more about the NordVPN experience in our full NordVPN review.
3 – CyberGhost
CyberGhost has emerged as one of the fastest and most reliable VPNs around. This provider delivers incredible connection speeds to users around the world, allowing for fast and smooth HD video streams from TF1 or any other broadcasting service. CyberGhost accomplishes this with a strong network of over 2,400 servers in 60 different countries, all with unlimited bandwidth and server switches across mobile and desktop devices alike.
CyberGhost’s privacy features keep you secure with 256-bit AES encryption on all data, a zero-logging policy on traffic, time stamps, and IP address, and both DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch. These work together to keep your identity hidden every time you connect, all while encrypting data so your activity stays secure.
This provider’s server network has a strong presence in Europe. This includes over 200 unique servers in France alone, making it one of the best VPNs to use for streaming TF1.
- Works with American Netflix
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) torrenting allowed
- 2,048-bit RSA keys and SHA256 authentication
- Private: Strong no logs policy
- Money-back guarantee.
- Can’t unblock some other streaming sites.
Learn more about CyberGhost’s great features in our complete CyberGhost review.
4 – PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN focuses on security and balanced performance. The VPN allows users to stay safe and secure anywhere in the world while streaming and surfing the web, all thanks to intuitive software design and a solid foundation of privacy features. PrivateVPN runs well on smartphones, desktop PCs, and other devices, as well, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to use a VPN without struggling with complicated setups.
This VPN runs healthy network of over 80 servers in 56 different countries, enough to deliver speed and location variety regardless of your location. PrivateVPN locks down data with 256-bit AES encryption, keeps your connection safe with an automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection, and features a zero logging policy on all traffic, as well.
PrivateVPN’s server network is carefully chosen to deliver only quality connections. Even though the company only offers two servers in France, you’ll get fast access to TF1 streams as soon as you sign on.
Read more about PrivateVPN’s useful features in our full PrivateVPN review.
5 – PureVPN
The PureVPN experience delivers more than just online privacy. PureVPN is an all-in-one security suite that keeps your devices safe from a variety of online dangers. With PureVPN you get anti-virus protection, malware shields, app blocking features, and DNS website filtering, all baked into a single package. Just download the VPN software, choose the extra protections you’d like, and enjoy the safest web experience possible!
There are countless helpful privacy features in addition to PureVPN’s extras. It starts with a zero-logging policy on traffic and includes an automatic kill switch, solid 256-bit AES encryption on all data, and DNS leak protection. These work alongside the company’s self-owned network of 750 servers in 180 different countries, providing a ton of options for fast, safe, and secure connections around the world.
PureVPN’s network has multiple connection points within France. No matter your location, you can connect to these nodes to get a French IP address and start streaming TF1 right away.
How to Use a VPN to Unblock and Watch TF1
Once the research is done, you’re ready to settle in and watch some TF1. It doesn’t matter where you live, work, or travel to, with a VPN in place you’ll have full access to all of TF1’s content with just a few clicks. Follow the instructions below to get started.
Step 1 – Set Up Your VPN
Pick one of the recommended VPNs from the sections above and create an account. You’ll need an active subscription to use the service, so make sure everything is in order before continuing with the steps below.
- Sign into your VPN account and download the app for your device. If you’re using a mobile device, you may need to install it from the appropriate app store.
- Install the app, launch it on your device, then enter your account login credentials.
- Open the list of servers and choose the fastest one located inside France.
- Connect to the server and give the VPN a few moments to resolve.
- Minimize the VPN or simply let it run in the background.
Step 2 – Verify Your IP
Once you have your VPN connected, you should quickly check to make sure your IP address actually changed. This is an optional step, but it’s a good idea to do if this is your first time using a VPN. It only takes a second, just follow the steps below.
- Make sure your VPN is active and connected to a server.
- Open a web browser and go to ipleak.net.
- Wait for the page to load and run your IP address lookup.
- Look at the box at the top of the page beneath “Your IP addresses”. If it shows a country other than the one you’re currently in, the VPN is active and working correctly.
- If the box shows your physical location, check with your VPN provider to resolve any IP leak errors, or try reinstalling the VPN app.
Step 3 – Sign in to My TFI
TF1 requires an active account before you can start streaming. There are no requirements to setting up this account, however, which means you can live anywhere in the world and gain access to the streams without having a French mailing address. Follow the steps below to create your My TF1 account.
- Visit https://www.tf1.fr and click the blue button at the top that says “Se connecter” (Sign in).
- A small window will open. If you already have account details, enter them here and click “Je me connecte”. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Look to the bottom for the link that says “Créer mon compte” (Create an account). Click it.
- On the next screen, enter your account details and click the Suivant button to continue.
- Next, you’ll need to enter some basic details. Fill out the boxes with your name, birthdate, and postal code.
- Toggle the two buttons at the bottom to the right. They should turn blue when they’re active. These are simple the terms of service agreement codes.
- Finally, click the button at the bottom that says “je crée mon compte” (Create your account).
- Once your account is created, log in using your details, then proceed to step four below.
Step 4 – Start Streaming TF1
All right, your account is created and your VPN is set up. Now it’s time to stream some TF1. The service forces you to jump through a few hoops before you can watch anything, but as soon as you complete those requirements it’s smooth sailing.
Note: TF1 offers the ability to create an account and connect via your Facebook login. For privacy reasons, however, we strongly recommend against using this method. It’s best to create a dedicated account for TF1 and keep it nice and separate from your Facebook profile, just in case.
Follow these steps to watch TF1 using any web browser:
- Make sure your VPN is connected to a compatible server by following the guidelines above.
- Open a web browser and visit the TF1 home page at https://www.tf1.fr
- Navigate through the channels or live TV selection at the top of the screen.
- Choose a show or stream you want to watch.
- Click on the Play button at the center to start the video.
TF1 is one of France’s most popular channels. It streams a variety of sports, dramas, live reports, and other diversions, all for free. The online service is extremely easy to use with a VPN, as well, which makes it the perfect resource for catching up on French programs while traveling abroad. All you have to do is grab a reliable VPN, pick a server, then sit back and enjoy the show!
What will you watch with unrestricted access to TF1? Did you have any troubles connecting? Let us know in the comments below!