It doesn’t have to be a chore to find the best way to get a Bangladeshi IP address from abroad, you just need a VPN which maintains encrypted servers in the country. In today’s guide, we explain the process of choosing a VPN and using it to spoof into Bangladesh’s virtual borders in just a few easy steps.
Bangladesh is a surprisingly excellent location for internet users. Whether you are looking to stream videos on Netflix, use torrent services, or shop, getting a Bangladeshi IP address can help you avoid regional content restrictions and keep you safe.
In this article, we will explain how you can get and make the most of a Bangladeshi IP address using a VPN. We’ll also give you our list of top-recommended VPN services proven to work for this use-case. Then, we will go into detail about what an IP address is, how you can use a Bangladeshi IP address to your advantage, and how VPN services work.
How Do I Pick a Quality VPN?
Before you get started, you need to make sure you selected the right VPN to fit your needs. Picking the optimal service provider will help you know you’re getting the best possible experience. Some of the important features to consider when it comes to picking the right VPN are:
- Server Network Size – in order to get a Bangladeshi IP address, your VPN provider needs to have servers in Bangladesh. If you also want to use other internet addresses – for example, a US IP that helps you watch Netflix content – you’ll want a VPN with servers in those countries, too. This is why it’s important that the provider you pick has a large server network.
- Encryption – a VPN that has strong encryption will keep your data and information protected. Combined with Bangladesh’s internet user-friendly laws, this gives you two layers of security.
- No-logging policy – the best VPNs don’t store your information. Bad ones not only log and store your information, but readily pass it to governments or sell it to third parties for a profit. Look for services that advertise no-logging, also known as “zero logging”.
- Connection speeds – inevitably, VPNs slow down your connection. Having said that, good VPN software will make this minor flaw barely noticeable. Brands offering the fastest connection speeds usually advertise “no speed limits” in their marketing materials.
- User-friendly software – whether you are a rookie or an advanced VPN user, dealing with complicated user interfaces is never fun. You want an easy-to-use VPN that will have you using the web with a Bangladeshi IP within minutes. Look for intuitive interface features and apps compatible with all your devices!
Best VPNs to get a Bangladeshi IP address
Now, we present to you the top three VPNs proven to work for getting a Bangladeshi IP address from anywhere:
ExpressVPN tops our recommendations due to its high speed, nigh-unbreakable security features and ease of use. Due to its large server network consisting of 3,000 proxy servers across 94+ countries, you can get a Bangladeshi IP address no matter where you’re using the Internet from. The service uses 256-bit AES encryption, which is so tough that the world’s strongest supercomputer would need millions of years to crack your information. There’s a handful of specific encryption protocols, from fast UDP and TCP, to SSTP (which helps beat hardcore censorship blocks). Between them and ExpressVPN’s comprehensive no-logging policy, you can rest easy knowing your data and identity are protected at all times.
If you are new to using VPNs, you’ll love ExpressVPN’s user-friendly interface. The lightweight software is easy to install and intuitive to use; once you’ve set it up, you’ll forget you’re even using a VPN. There’s also a host of extra features, including a kill switch that makes sure your data stays safe if your VPN turns off without you knowing. With all these features, unlimited bandwidth, and absolutely no speed throttling, ExpressVPN is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a Bangladeshi IP. Its apps are compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, game consoles and other devices – including routers.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off - link below)
- Reliable and fast connections
- Supports ALL devices
- Strict no-logs policy
- Live Chat Support.
- Slightly more expensive than some other options.
NordVPN is a VPN focused on privacy, beating censorship, and unlocking regional content. It comes with a variety of encryption options, all AES-256 compatible. In addition to this, it has a variety of selection servers that enhance your security – like anti-DDoS, “Onion over VPN” and Double VPN servers. The latter are particularly unique, in that they route your data through 2 VPNs and 2 layers of encryption. In addition to these features, a tough no-logging policy ensures that no records of your traffic, IP address, timestamps, bandwidth and other history can ever be traced back to you.
With over 5,500 servers in 59 countries, NordVPN has thousands of servers for you to enjoy when you’re not virtually in Bangladesh. This is convenient if you’re an avid streamer who wants to use websites like Hulu and Netflix. The service is P2P-friendly, too – there are dedicated P2P servers – so you’re welcome to use torrent services, as well as Kodi’s P2P add-ons. Last but not least, NordVPN comes with a suite of intuitive apps that are compatible with all modern devices and operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, and even RaspberryPi.
Read our full NordVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3-year plan (75% off - link below)
- GooglePlay users rating: 4.3/5.0
- 2,048-bit SSL keys and DNS leak protection
- “Double” data protection
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Very little
- Apps can be a bit cumbersome to use.
CyberGhost is perfect if what you’re looking for is simple service to use that will also ensure that your data remains private. The installation process only takes a few moments, and the minimalist display makes CyberGhost easy and fun to use. Once you launch the app, all you need to do is pick one configuration profile from the six presented to you. Each option, from “torrent anonymously” to “unblock streaming”, is clearly labeled, meaning you can get started as soon as you launch the app for the first time. There’s also a set of additional features available with each and every server type, including “block ads”, “data compression”, “extra speed” and a few others.
256-bit AES encryption protects all your data from being accessed and seen by third parties. Furthermore, a solid zero-logging policy ensures that almost none of your information is stored – not even your e-mail address. With 5,900 servers in 90 countries, you can browse a wide variety of international content while being sure that all your information and history remain anonymous. As an added bonus, you can connect up to five devices with CyberGhost – which is handy, since it comes with apps for virtually all modern devices and systems, meaning you can connect every internet-enabled computer and gadget you own.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
- LOW PRICE: 6 EXTRA free months (79% off - link below)
- P2P allowed on any server except in US and Russia
- No leaks detected
- Strict no logging
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- IPv6 WebRTC leak in macOS
- Doesn’t unblock all streaming services.
How to download and install your VPN app
The hard part–choosing your VPN–is over! All you’ve got to do now is download, install, and set up your VPN to connect to a Bangladeshi server. Don’t worry, it only takes a few steps…
Step 1 – Download the VPN
VPNs may sound like a complicated piece of technology when you realize how complex their inner workings are. The good news is that whether you are a new user or a pro, VPNs are really easy to use. That’s because quality VPN services come with responsive apps that make it easy to enjoy content on your mobile phone, personal computer, smart TV, video game console – and more. For most devices, the download and sign-in processes are very simple:
- Open your browser and sign into your VPN account
- Download the app that suits your device and operating system.
- Install the VPN and open it
- Enter your login details.
- Open the list of servers and select a Bangladeshi server from the list of options.
- Connect to the server and give it a few seconds.
- You are good to go! Open the application (or search on your browser) and you are now browsing from Bangladesh.
Step 2 – Verify your Bangladeshi IP address
This step is not essential, but it is recommended – especially if you are new to using VPNs. This test will make sure that you are definitely using a Bangladeshi IP address without exposing everything you’re doing to your ISP and – potentially – other third parties. To learn more about this test and why it’s so important, check out our article about ISP tracking.
- Connect to a server in Bangladesh through the VPN app.
- Launch your browser and go to ipleak.net.
- Use the page to run an IP address lookup (automatically).
- If you see Bangladesh under “Your IP Addresses”, you are ready to browse!
- If you see your actual geographical location, get in touch with your VPN provider’s support; you’re leaking data to your ISP.
Step 3 – Enjoy your fast and secure connection!
Your brand new Bangladeshi IP address is now ready for use! As long as you stay connected to the right server, you can be sure that you are browsing safely. Make the most of your new IP address and explore the full potential of content, shopping deals, and more, available to Bangladeshi users.
Why get a Bangladeshi IP address?
Since 2011, there has been no evidence of Bangladesh filtering internet content, meaning that the government does not block websites and content. However, there are some exceptions to the rule. For example, content that goes against national laws, such as anti-Islamic content or any other content considered disruptive, is typically not allowed. These lax internet laws make Bangladesh a good location to get an IP address from because this means your online activity log will not be monitored and your privacy won’t be threatened. Getting a Bangladeshi IP address is a good way to enjoy personal freedom while on the web.
An important secondary reasons to get a Bangladeshi IP address is to access content from the country and surrounding Asian nations. Let’s take Netflix, for example. This may come as a surprise, but the number of films available on Netflix in Bangladesh is almost equal to the number in France’s Netflix library. You can’t use a Bangladeshi IP to watch Hulu or BBC iPlayer – but what you can do is enjoy a lot of content hosted in India, Pakistan, Indonesia, etc. Something else you can do is access online deals from some of the biggest markets in Asia, including China and Thailand.
Using a VPN to get a Bangladeshi IP also comes in handy if you are looking for a low-latency connection to India, China, Australia and other countries in the region. For example, if you are looking to play video games online, a Bangladeshi IP address will seamlessly connect you to 628,000,000 gamers across India on mobile devices alone. When you factor in gamers in China, Australia, etc, the number is even bigger. Along the same lines, P2P services where most nodes are in Asia are a lot faster when you’ve got a Bangladeshi IP.
Why use a VPN instead of a proxy?
If you want to get an IP address from Bangladesh, your best choice to get a VPN with servers in the country. Unlike a “vanilla” proxy server (more on them later), a VPN can give you a local IP while keeping your data private every time you connect to the internet. That’s because quality VPNs encrypt your data before it even leaves your device – and keep no logs of anything you do online, from your browsing history to your timestamps. Here’s why this is important.
To give you a foreign IP, all your data packets are routed through multiple nodes (i.e. servers and computers). Without encryption, any node has open, unrestricted access to your browsing data; your real IP address; your identity; even your personal messages and files. If you value your privacy at all, we recommend you steer clear of proxy services. VPNs cost about as much – and protect your data from governments, corporations, criminals, and other third parties.
By getting yourself a Bangladeshi IP address using a VPN, you can almost instantly gain access to a wide range of content that would otherwise be blocked due to regional restrictions in your country. This means that with just a few clicks, you’ll be able to stream videos, surf websites and download torrent files, all the while keeping your information private and secure. By picking and downloading any of the VPNs we have covered above, you will be able to remain untraceable but enjoy a whole new selection of websites and videos without having to leave your home or office.
What are you going to use your Bangladeshi IP address for as soon as you download one of our recommended VPNs? Leave us your thoughts down below and let us know!
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. ExpressVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.