Getting an Egyptian IP address is a lot easier than it seems–all you need is a VPN which maintains encrypted servers in Egypt, and some quick tips on how to make use of this technology. We cover the best VPN providers below, plus walk you through the process of spoofing into Egypt.
Even though we live in an increasingly interconnected digital world, not everyone has unlimited access to content from across the globe. Content laws and threats to net neutrality prevent truly open access to the internet, forcing many to seek alternative methods to maintain their privacy and online freedoms.
When it comes to accessing content across borders, including bypassing the Netflix proxy error, there is no better tool than a reliable virtual private network. VPNs encrypt the traffic leaving your device, making it possible to surf and stream with full anonymity. They also give you the ability to select a new IP address for accessing content from other countries. If you want to get an Egyptian IP address, for example, a VPN can provide one in a matter of seconds.
Below we’ll discuss how to get an IP address from Egypt, along with tips on how to use it and how to stay safe while you access the open internet.
Getting an IP address from Egypt with the right VPN
There is a wealth of unique benefits to using a VPN, from choosing non-local IP addresses to protecting your data each time you go online. You can even use a VPN to securely access movie streams on Fire TV! Most of a VPN’s benefits come from its encryption abilities, though there are some wonderful advantages to utilizing virtual IP addresses, as well.
There’s still one big question sitting between you and a secure online experience: how do you know which VPN is best for you, and how can you find one that will provide a fast Egyptian IP address? Research is important, and so is building a thorough knowledge base of what makes a VPN useful. We’ve streamlined the process below with a few essential features and a few VPN recommendations, both designed to give you the fastest and most secure Egyptian IP address.
Important VPN Criteria
Most VPNs know how to cater to their audience. For example, did you know that speed is crucial when it comes to VPNs, but that you can’t always trust self-reported speed test results? To help you cut through the hype and find the right VPN, focus on the criteria listed below. We used the same features to narrow down our list of recommendations in the next section, ensuring you always have a secure and reliable VPN.
- Zero-logging policy – Your information can only stay safe if the VPN doesn’t keep logs. Even if you trust your provider, they can still be subpoenaed or even hacked to reveal your sensitive identifying information.
- Server network – Multiple servers is the key to getting the best connection. The bigger the network, the more likely you are to have access to Egyptian servers.
- Privacy and security practices – Strong encryption and great privacy policies are crucial to online security.
- Fast downloads – Don’t let your VPN slow down your connection, or else your downloads will grind to a crawl.
Best VPNs to use for an Egyptian IP address
As of 2020, the following VPN providers are the best on the market for getting an Egyptian IP address:
After many years in the game, ExpressVPN remains one of the fastest VPNs on the market. Not only does it have one of the best server networks, it’s also friendly and easy to use, making it a perfect choice for anyone looking for a reliable VPN. ExpressVPN offers a wide range of privacy features to keep you safe each time you connect, including 256-bit AES encryption, a zero-logging policy, and both kill switch and DNS leak protection on its apps. The company’s server network also covers over 3,000 locations in 94 different areas, giving you plenty of options for a fast connection.
Using ExpressVPN is surprisingly simple, all thanks to its custom software made for nearly all modern devices, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Once you create an account, all you need to do is download the app, sign in, and you’re set. ExpressVPN takes care of finding the fastest server to connect you to each time you turn on your device, keeping your data secure and hidden each time you log on.
ExpressVPN offers several server locations within Egypt, providing fast and secure methods of getting an IP address from Egypt with just a few clicks.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- Unblocking Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Super fast servers
- Govt-level AES-256 encryption
- Strict no-logs policy for personal information
- 24/7 Live Chat.
- Slightly pricier than competition.
NordVPN has the largest server network on the market. The list is constantly growing, but right now users have access to over 5,500 servers in 59 countries, including multiple locations in Egypt. You’ll never have a hard time finding a fast server when you use NordVPN! There are also several unique services only NordVPN offers, including protection against DDoS attacks, double encryption, and onion over VPN routing, all of which are available by simply clicking and connecting to the appropriate server.
This provider maintains a thorough zero-logging policy that covers everything from bandwidth to time stamps, traffic to IP addresses. Your activity is never recorded or shared with third parties, which helps keep your privacy intact, even in restrictive, surveillance-heavy countries. Backing these features is 256-bit AES encryption on all data, an automatic kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a host of customizable encryption features.
NordVPN’s massive server network includes multiple Egyptian nodes, making it extremely easy to connect and enjoy unlimited data and downloads with a private and anonymous IP address from Egypt.
Read our full NordVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3-year plan (75% off - link below)
- Fast and stable connections
- Allows multiple connections (6 devices)
- No logs and encrypted connections for total privacy
- 24/7 Customer Service.
- Automatic server selection can be unreliable
- They can take 30 days to process refunds.
PureVPN is a unique service that delivers a full suite of security features that keep you safe from all sorts of online threats. You’ll have anti-virus protection, malware shields, app blocking functions, and DNS website filters, all bundled into a single package. Simply download the software, switch on the features you need, and you’re secure. PureVPN is easily one of the best ways to keep your devices safe on the internet.
PureVPN provides plenty of VPN privacy features on top of its added offerings. It begins with a zero-logging policy on traffic and continues with an automatic kill switch, 256-bit AES encryption on all data, and DNS leak protection. And with this provider’s self-owned network of 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries, you’re guaranteed a fast connection at all times, as well!
Your subscription to PureVPN grants you access to a network which offers half a dozen unique connection points in Cairo, Egypt, making it an ideal source for fast Egyptian IP addresses.
Read our full PureVPN review.
How to activate your Egyptian IP address
After doing all the research and finding the best VPN for the job, your only remaining task is to get everything set up and score your Egyptian IP address. Follow the simple guide below to begin.
- First, open a web browser and sign into your VPN account. Download the app for your hardware (Windows, Mac, iOS, etc.). Note that you may be redirected to a mobile apps marketplace if you’re installing the VPN on an Android or iPhone.
- Launch the VPN software and sign in using your account credentials. Most apps will automatically connect to the fastest server as soon as you launch. This may not give you the Egyptian IP address you desire, so we’ll need to manually connect to a different node to change IPs. Open the VPN server browser and browse locations until you find Egypt. Find a fast server there, then click to connect. After a few moments you should see a green light, indicating you’re online and safe, complete with an Egyptian IP address!
- It’s a good idea to test your IP address to make sure it’s actually working. If there was an error in the installation process, or if you have an active IP leak, you may not actually have the Egyptian IP address you thought you had. A quick test will put your mind at ease. While your VPN is active and connected to an Egyptian server, open your web browser and visit ipleak.net. The page will automatically run an IP address lookup. When it’s done, you will see a box near the top that says “Your IP addresses”. Just below it should show Egypt as your country of origin, meaning everything is connected and works perfectly.
After you’ve completed these steps you can use your Egyptian IP address for anything you want, all while remaining safe and secure. Check out some of the suggestions below to learn more about the power of a VPN.
Benefits of getting an Egyptian IP address
With the tools and methods discussed above, you’re now able to securely connect to the internet from anywhere in the world and quickly get an IP address from Egypt. You might be asking yourself “What’s the point?”, to which we would answer “There are lots of points!” Below are just a few of the best benefits and reasons to use an Egyptian IP address.
Watch videos from Egypt anywhere in the world
Services like Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube are required by content rights holders to restrict which movies and TV shows you can access based on your current location. This is done using IP addresses. If you sign in with a Thai IP address, for example, you’ll only see movies that are legally available to stream in Thailand. Under most normal circumstances this isn’t a problem, but what if you travel across the border and suddenly can’t watch your favorite shows?
VPNs can quickly bypass this frustrating restriction by employing both encryption and virtual IP addresses. This combination protects your identity and makes it appear as if you’re located elsewhere, allowing you to switch from country to country and access the videos you want. Simply sign in and connect to the right server, refresh the video streaming source, then enjoy unlimited content from around the world, including Egypt!
VPNs bypass censorship blocks
An open and free internet is incredibly important for the exchange of information. Governments and ISPs around the world are often able to control what users can and cannot see, however, blocking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Wikipedia or preventing access to VoIP communication tools like Skype and WhatsApp. If you cross a border into one of these censorship-heavy countries, you won’t be pleased with the results.
A VPN can help you break through these firewalls with a simple and safe anti-censorship solution. The encryption provided by a VPN makes it impossible to tell what you’re downloading or streaming, preventing these firewalls from actively blocking your access. And by changing virtual IP addresses, you can appear as if you’re from Egypt or anywhere else in the world, turning your ordinary connection into a safe and anonymous one.
RELATED READING: How to prevent your VPN being blocked
Access secure accounts from Egypt
If you have banking, credit card, or other financial accounts that are based in Egypt, you might find it difficult to access these sites once you leave the country. This is a basic (and smart) security measure enacted to prevent fraud, but it’s frustrating for anyone who travels on a regular basis.
Using a VPN is the ticket out of this cross-country mess. All you have to do is switch to an Egyptian IP address and you’ll have instant access to all of your accounts at home, no questions asked.
More tips to keep your data secure
Simply installing a VPN isn’t always a one-stop solution for perfect online privacy. There are plenty of other threats to your data, many of which can only be handled by additional measure. Check out the tips below to ensure you’re always safe and sound each time you go online.
- Protect yourself on public Wi-Fi – Open networks you find at cafes or hotels may seem convenient, but they can be fraught with dangers. Make sure you secure your identity before using them by following our guide on staying safe on public Wi-Fi.
- Avoid free VPNs – No-charge VPN services are everywhere, and using one can actively destroy your privacy, as many log or sell user data. It’s best to stick with a trusted paid VPN provider instead of taking your chances with a dangerous free service.
- Install secure browser extensions – A great way to ensure browser security is to install HTTPS Everywhere and Privacy Badger, two extensions that force an encrypted connection and disable tracking scripts to lock down your information at all costs.
- Always run firewall and anti-virus programs – Malware and viruses slip through most VPNs undetected, and things like key loggers or trojan horses are just as dangerous with a VPN active. Keep your anti-virus and firewall programs active at all times for maximum protection.
Getting an Egyptian IP address isn’t as difficult as you thought, is it? With a little time and effort, you can use a VPN to change your IP and surf the web with complete privacy. Use it to bypass censorship filters, break through content blockades, and protect your data on a wide variety of devices. Best of all, your data remains safe and secure this entire time, all thanks to your brand new VPN.
What do you plan on using your Egyptian IP address for? Watching movies? Streaming live sports? Let us know in the comments below!
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. ExpressVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.