Hungary’s location and inclusion in the EU make it an attractive destination for spoofers looking to borrow a virtual IP address. The best VPNs make this a breeze, and offer servers inside the country so you can easily get a secure Hungarian IP address from any country in the world. We show you how in today’s article.
IP addresses serve as the internet’s virtual version of a physical address – like a mailbox. To send data to and from your computer to your server – which is necessary to connect to the internet – you need an IP. But, although this allows you to connect to the internet, this means your IP address can help others pinpoint your location. This leads to websites or organizations blocking or censoring the content you can view based on your country – including countries like Hungary.
Hungarian IPs are easy to spoof, so long as you have the right VPN:
- NordVPN – Best for Hungarian Spoofing – NordVPN is the king of virtual IPs, with tens of thousands available across their vast network. Spoof into Hungary via the unbreakably powerful NordLynx protocol.
- Surfshark – An upstart VPN with a rapidly growing network replete with advanced privacy provisions.
- ExpressVPN – One of the fastest providers in the industry, with lightning-fast Lightway encryption and a built-in speed test.
- PrivateVPN – Modest network by server count, but entirely owned by the provider. Offers highly configurable encryption settings to dial in the best performance.
So, if you’re a Hungarian expat looking to access your home accounts, product sites, or Hungarian-language content, you might not be able to if your IP address is located in another country. Or, if you just want to brush up your Magyar – a good VPN with IP addresses located in Hungary is a must. We’re going to show you the best VPNs for Hungarian IP addresses. Read on.
Essential provider criteria for secure VPN spoofing
There are many benefits to using a VPN, like protecting your data online, choosing non-local IP addresses, and unblocking censored and geo-blocked content. Most of these virtues are a direct result of VPN encryption, as well as the online anonymity brought on by using virtual IP addresses. But with that in mind, how can you tell what the best VPN is for you, and if it’s good enough to do the job? You need to do your research, but you need to know what to look for – so we created a list of the key factors to consider:
- Zero-logging policy – Don’t accept anything less than zero logs kept. Your info is only safe if your VPN doesn’t maintain logs on your traffic and data.
- Server network – Having a large network of servers helps you get the best connection available. Bigger is better here – you want options so you can get online fast.
- Privacy and security – Your VPN needs to have strong encryption and solid privacy practices so none of your data leaks out or becomes vulnerable.
- Fast speeds – Nobody likes trying to stream, surf, or download on a slow network.
- Servers located in Hungary – Without servers in a country, you can’t get a local IP address tied to that location.
Top rated VPNs for getting a Hungarian IP from abroad
Ready to dive in? Here are the top three best VPNs proven to get a reliable Hungarian IP address from anywhere:
NordVPN is the best overall VPN provider in the industry, with more than 5,500 servers in 59 countries – and growing. They have 10 servers in Hungary alone, so you’ll have no problems getting connected to an IP address there. Their huge network size doesn’t impede their great customer support, which gives you an online help center complete with guides and tutorials, as well as 24/7 live assistance.
And you’ll always be secure, no matter what device you install NordVPN on – which includes Windows, Mac, and Linux software availability, as well as many more, like iOS, Android, and RaspberryPi. This provider also offers you 256-bit AES encryption with five encryption protocols, along with advanced features that can help you double up your security and hide the fact that your using a VPN. You can also add an extra security toggle that blocks ads and malware, giving you an all-in-one security package.
With this advanced features and great speed, NordVPN is one of the most reliable services for bypassing VPN blocks put in place by services like Netflix and Hulu. Their user interface is intuitive and you can quickly find the right server for you with their graphical server map. Finally, NordVPN has one of the best zero-logging policies out there – your traffic logs, IP address, timestamps, bandwidth, and browsing history are never kept.
Read our full NordVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 2-yr plan (68% off - link below)
- GooglePlay users rating: 4.3/5.0
- 256-bit AES encryption with perfect forward secrecy
- No logs and encrypted connections for total privacy
- Great customer service via chat.
- Some servers can have average d/l speeds
- Apps can be a bit cumbersome to use.
Of all the providers to come out in the past few years, Surfshark is easily the best. Each of their 3200+ servers in 65 countries punch way above their weight in terms of utility, and that includes the nodes located in Hungary.
For instance, each connection features the unbreakable 256-AES-GCM cipher, which is also used by the NSA on their internal servers. Complementing this is ready access to Camouflage obfuscation, smart DNS, adblocking, and Surfshark’s special NoBorders anti-censorship method. Basically, there’s no geoblock or censorship that can stop you from spoofing your Hungarian IP.
Add to that unlimited simultaneous connections, apps for every major platform, configurable settings for individual Wi-Fi networks, and an independently audited no-logging policy, and you have a well-rounded privacy solution indeed.
- Break through harsh censorship to securely access social media and foreign news sites
- All 800+ servers are P2P-friendly, with private DNS and obfuscation
- Unlimited simultaneous connections–Protect your whole family!
- Based in the British Virgin Islands, where there are no data retention laws
- Helpful 24/7 live chat with an actual human being.
- Growing network doesn’t have same coverage as more mature VPNs
- New-kid-on-the-block status may not instill same trust as larger providers.
Read our full Surfshark review.
ExpressVPN has more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries – including Hungary. They have no limits on speed, bandwidth, P2P networks and torrents, and are one of the fastest VPNs on the market. This gives you buffer-free streaming, seamless browsing, and rapid downloads, making them perfect for streaming video and viewing content from Hungary.
256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak test capabilities, split tunneling, and an automatic kill switch for desktop apps gives you a well-rounded, secure, and private connection every time. If you have trouble with a difficult VPN- or geo-block, you can change the default protocol – UDP, blending speed with security, for solid balance – to any of four other protocols. These other protocols allow for increasing and decreasing security or speed, so you’re sure to be able to pierce any block or stream any video.
And between ExpressVPN’s base of operations – the British Virgin Islands, outside of UK jurisdiction and exempt from surveillance agreements between major countries – and their zero-logging policy, your data and traffic history will be kept private.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off - link below)
- 94 countries, 3,000+ servers
- Very simple and easy to use
- Keeps no logs of personal data
- 24/7 Chat Support.
- Priced slightly higher.
PrivateVPN has over 150 servers in 60+ countries, which may seem like a letdown on initial read… but they offer a rare dedicated IP address in Budapest, Hungary. To further add, they have top-of-the-line 256-bit AES encryption with a kill switch and DNS leak test included. And combined with great, high, unlimited speeds, not only can you unblock your favorite streaming services, you can also stream them buffer-free.
And, while PrivateVPN gives you excellent speed, security, and unblocking capabilities, they do so with simple software design. It’s easy to install and one click has you connected in mere moments. If you have trouble of any kind, they’ll give you fantastic support, even giving you direct access to the developers.
Lastly, PrivateVPN is located in Sweden, a very privacy-friendly country that isn’t part of any agreements like the Five, Nine, or Fourteen Eyes surveillance agreements. So even if a court-order forced PrivateVPN to give up your records – there’s nothing logged that can be given.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Reasons to use a Hungarian IP address
VPNs allow you to “move” your digital location with a click or two. Not that important? Think again. Remember the “mailing address” analogy? Since IP addresses are how the internet world determine your location – allowing sites to censor and block you from viewing them – by changing the IP address connected to your connection, you fool the internet into believing your elsewhere. That includes other countries, like Hungary – and that can allow you to do a lot of things you couldn’t otherwise do.
Hide your IP address
As alluded to a few times by now, using a VPN can help you hide your true IP address. Because if “they” – websites, your ISP, your government – know your real address, they can find your location. Which means they can learn your identity and track your online activity. Your privacy vanishes instantly.
By using a VPN with a Hungarian IP address (or any IP different from your own), your data is both encrypted by the VPN and made anonymous by the non-local IP – so there’s nothing to tie the IP address back to you or your actual location. You’re kept secure and private.
Prevent surveillance and tracking
On a similar vein, when you connect to the internet “normally,” your data can be seen by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This is often done unbeknownst to you and sold to third parties, like advertising agencies, which turns your activity and data into a profit. Using a secure VPN with a Hungarian IP address can prevent this by protecting your data in an “envelope” of encryption to and from the server you’re connected to. So you can be invisible and untraceable.
Get around geo-blocks to access home accounts and TV
If you’re a Hungarian expat or citizen who travels outside the country often, but you want to access your normal websites and services, you may have trouble – unless you get a VPN. By using a VPN, you can select a Hungarian server and access your home accounts and TV shows that are blocked outside the country. So you can still view your favorite media from M1, M2, Duna TV, and RTL Klub without restriction when you’re outside Hungary, as well as access your banking services without triggering fraud alerts.
Further, major online video streaming providers like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube change what movies and shows you have access to depending on your location. Even if you live in the U.S. – where most of those services are based – if you access Netflix from a British IP address, you’re only going to be able to see British movies and shows.
So, like being able to access your home accounts and TV with a Hungarian IP address, you can use the same address to watch your favorite TV shows and live sports while outside Hungary.
An open, free internet is essential, especially in our current age – yet many governments and ISPs around the world continue to censor what you can view online. So in many places, websites like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Wikipedia are unavailable. But with a good VPN, you can pick an IP address from Hungary and get around these censorships – get connected with a Hungarian IP address and say hello to free internet.
How to get your Hungarian IP address
Now that you’ve done your research and picked a reliable service, there’s just one thing left to do – get connected to your Hungarian IP address. Just follow these steps to get started.
- First, open your favorite web browser on your device and bring up your chosen VPN provider. If you haven’t signed up already, follow through their sign-up process. It’s usually pretty simple – just select a plan, create a login for your account, and input your best payment method. Once you’re past that, sign into the account and download the VPN’s app for your device’s software (Windows, Mac, Android…). Many VPN apps for mobile devices are available in your device’s app store, but otherwise it’s quick and easy to install directly from the VPN’s website.
- Once you’re done installing the VPN on your device, launch the software and sign in. Most VPN apps will connect to the fastest server available automatically, so to get your Hungarian IP, you’re going to have to change the server. To do that, just open the server browser and find a connection in Hungary. It’ll take just a few moments for your VPN to resolve the connection, then you’ll be safely connected and online – but don’t do anything just yet.
- Before you start surfing, browsing, streaming, etc. – test your IP address to make sure you’re actually connected to a Hungarian IP address. With the VPN active and connected to the Hungarian IP, open a new window in your web browser and visit “ipleak.net.” This site will automatically run an IP address lookup, and when it completes it’ll show a box by the top that says “Your IP addresses.” If the IP address you’re connected to is truly a Hungarian IP address, it should show Hungary as your IP’s country of origin – you’re golden and good to go.
Getting a Hungarian IP address – whether for geo-blocks or to watch Hungarian content outside of the country, or just for fun – is a simple matter: just get the right VPN. Not only will you be able to watch, stream, and surf Hungarian content, but you’ll be safe, private, and secure with ease.
Are you from Hungary? Are you traveling there soon, or have in the past? Have you used a VPN to access content from there? Tell us about it in the comments below.
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. NordVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.