The internet in Ukraine is large, strong, and growing at a steady pace. The country is ranked in the top ten countries in Europe for internet connectivity, with roughly 52.5% of the country actively using the local infrastructure, which averages download speeds of 34.89 megabits per second. This translates to a massive amount of online shopping and social media use from citizens and visitors alike.
When it comes to getting a Ukrainian IP address, there are a number of viable options at your disposal. Because IPs contain information about your identity and your location, though, your best bet is to always use a virtual private network. VPNs are the number one method of defeating Netflix proxy error screens and using IP addresses from other countries, including Ukraine and the United States.
Below we cover all you need to know about getting a Ukrainian IP address to use with a safe and private online connection.
- 1 Locating the best VPNs for Ukrainian IP addresses
- 2 Best VPNs to get a Ukrainian IP address
- 3 How to activate your Ukrainian IP address
- 4 What can I do with a Ukrainian IP address?
- 5 Remember VPNs don’t make you invincible
- 6 Conclusion
Locating the best VPNs for Ukrainian IP addresses
VPNs are incredibly effective tools that can help you get IP address from just about any country in the world. They do this while encrypting data that leaves your device, making it possible to use the internet without divulging private information. You can download, surf, and stream with complete safety and security, all while enjoying virtual location variety at the click of a button.
In order to get the most out of your VPN experience, you’ll need to make sure you’re using the best service in the business. Not all VPNs are as fast, private, or as secure as they promise. Sometimes you can’t even get Ukrainian IP addresses from a VPNs! To ensure you never run into any of these issues, we’ve included some selection criteria below, followed by VPN recommendations that help keep you safe online.
- Fast speeds – Make sure your VPN has top servers speeds for the fastest downloads possible.
- Privacy and security – Strong encryption means a better online experience.
- Server network – To get a Ukrainian IP address, your VPN has to have servers inside the country. There’s no way around it!
- Zero-logging policy – Information only stays secure if the VPN has a zero-logging policy.
Best VPNs to get a Ukrainian IP address
Ready to stop reading about VPNs and pick up the best one for you? Below is our 2018 list for the best VPNs to secure a Ukrainian IP address from anywhere:
Need speed more than anything? ExpressVPN is the VPN for you. The company operates a huge network of over 2,000 servers in 94 different countries, each providing fast connections for users across the glove, including travelers and citizens in Ukraine. This lets you to hop onto any website or video streaming service and watch high-quality content in a matter of seconds, all with the virtual IP address of your choosing. No buffering delays, just a private and safe connection to the internet every time.
ExpressVPN delivers all of this speed without sacrificing privacy or security features in the process. Every piece of data is wrapped in 256-bit AES encryption, and no traffic logs are ever created, keeping everything invisible to third parties, including your ISP. Other features include unlimited bandwidth, no restriction on P2P or torrent traffic, no speed caps, and easy to use software for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
ExpressVPN offers multiple server locations in Ukraine supporting most of the company’s major encryption protocols, including the lightning-fast OpenVPN UDP and TCP connections.
- Unblocking Netflix USA, iPlayer, Amazon Prime
- Super fast, reliable connection
- Torrenting/P2P allowed
- No logs for personal data
- 24/7 Chat Support.
- Slightly pricier than competition.
Check out our full ExpressVPN review for more info about the service’s amazing features!
NordVPN’s biggest features are privacy and speed, as the service delivers top shelf quality in both realms. NordVPN also operates one of the most expansive server networks in the world, currently sitting at over 5,122 servers in 62 different countries, covering every continent except Antarctica! A great many of these servers are configured to handle specific types of traffic, as well, delivering useful privacy features such as double encryption, location obfuscation, dedicated IP addresses, and DDoS protection whenever you need it.
NordVPN keeps no traffic logs, time stamp logs, bandwidth logs, or IP address logs, plain and simple. This is one of the more all-encompassing logging policies in the VPN world, which makes NordVPN a great choice for a privacy conscious individuals. NordVPN’s apps also provide DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch to keep you safe and anonymous even if something goes wrong.
NordVPN runs half a dozen fast servers in Ukraine, making it a great choice for getting a Ukrainian IP address with just a few clicks.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3-year plan (75% off - link below)
- Mind-boggling number of servers
- Allows multiple connections (6 devices)
- Based in Panama
- Money back guarantee policy.
- Some servers can be slow and unreliable
- Can't specify City or Province in App.
Learn more about the NordVPN experience in our complete NordVPN review.
PrivateVPN is a strong, fast, and reliable VPN that’s designed for ease of use above everything. Anyone can sign up and get started in a matter of seconds, no complicated configurations or setups required. Newcomers to the VPN market will appreciate the software’s straightforward design, while privacy veterans will love the security features included in the company’s default package. PrivateVPN also delivers incredibly fast speeds to accompany these privacy policies, making it a great choice for keeping your data safe with a Ukrainian IP address, no matter what you to do online.
PrivateVPN runs a sturdy little network of 100 servers in 56 different countries, delivering great speeds and a variety of useful IP addresses around the world, including locations in both Kiev and Nikolaev, Ukraine. The company locks down data passing through this network with 256-bit AES encryption, and it keeps your connection safe with an automatic kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a zero logging policy on traffic.
Read more about PrivateVPN’s features in our full PrivateVPN review.
How to activate your Ukrainian IP address
Once you’ve found the best VPN to use for getting Ukrainian IP addresses, the rest is a piece of cake. Read on for our full guide on setting up and using your new virtual IP, no technical knowledge or prior experience required!
- Start by opening a web browser on your PC. Next, sign into your VPN account. You’ll need to download the app for your operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.) to continue. If you want to use a Ukrainian IP on a mobile device, you might be redirected to an app marketplace to complete the installation. Otherwise, simply grab the installer itself and download it somewhere easy to access.
- Install the VPN to your device. Launch the software and sign in using your VPN subscription credentials. Most apps will automatically connect to the fastest available server as soon as you launch. This is fine for general VPN use, but because we want a Ukrainian IP, we’ll need to go in and manually switch servers to one located inside the country.
- Open the server browser and find a server in Ukraine. Click it to connect. The VPN will resolve the connection after a few moments, during which you won’t be able to access the web. Once it’s complete, you’ll be online, safely behind a wall of encryption, complete with a Ukrainian IP address.
- Next you’ll want to test your IP address to make sure there aren’t any major issues. Sometimes VPN apps that aren’t set up properly can show your real location instead of providing you with a non-local Ukrainian IP. By following the steps below, you can prevent that from happening for improved security.
- While your VPN is connected to a Ukrainian server, open your web browser and visit ipleak.net. The page will load and run an IP address lookup. When it completes, you should see a box near the top that says “Your IP addresses”. Just below that it should show Ukraine. If it does, that means you have a Ukrainian IP address. If it doesn’t, check with your VPN to see how to resolve what’s called a “DNS leak error”.
After you’ve completed these steps, you’re free to use your new IP address for anything you like. See the section below for a few good suggestions, and don’t forget to keep your VPN active at all times, otherwise you’ll lose your privacy!
What can I do with a Ukrainian IP address?
VPNs are for more than just getting non-local IPs. Their encryption features add a wealth of useful extras to the experience, allowing you to enjoy an entire world of content in complete privacy, including live TV, sports, movies, and so much more. Below are a few of the best reasons to use a VPN to get non-local IP addresses.
VPNs Bypass Censorship Blocks
Have you ever encountered a website blocked by an ISP or government agency? The world wide web in Ukraine is largely uncensored, but this could change as net neutrality laws fall under attack around the world. To keep your access to commonly blocked sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Wikipedia, or to use VoIP apps such as Skype or WhatsApp without restriction, you need to use a reliable VPN in the background, every time.
A good VPN can give you a Ukrainian IP address and let you access any website on the ‘net. It does this by encrypting data to make it impossible to track or decipher, allowing your traffic to pass through ISP and government firewalls untouched and unnoticed. You’ll stay safe and anonymous, and your connection won’t be censored.
Watch videos from Ukraine with a VPN
Have you ever gotten on YouTube, Hulu, or BBC iPlayer only to see that frustrating “content unavailable in your area” message? These services are required to check your IP address to take note of your location and only show movies that are approved for viewing in your country. Even if you’re a Ukrainian citizen traveling abroad, you can’t watch movies from the Ukraine, all thanks to international content laws.
VPNs get around this restriction to let you watch videos anywhere in the world. They accomplish this through encryption and virtual IP addresses, the combination of which protects your identity and makes it appear as if you’re located elsewhere. When it’s time to watch TV shows from Ukraine, all you need to do is get a Ukrainian IP address using a VPN, visit a site, and let the streams begin.
Stop online surveillance and tracking
Data sent from your computer can be logged, stored, or even sold by third parties, including your own government or ISP. If you travel to an area that practices this, you’ll often find your information forfeited the moment you connect to the web. You can protect yourself from these threats by using a secure VPN with an IP address of your choosing. Encryption lets you surf the web invisible and unharmed, and virtual IPs obscure your identity to keep you as anonymous as possible.
Remember VPNs don’t make you invincible
VPNs offer an incredible amount of protection and privacy. They’re not bulletproof solutions to online security, though, and they can’t automatically protect you from every type of danger on the internet. Keep the following caveats in mind when surfing the web from behind a VPN, just to be on the safe side.
- Even with a VPN, mobile devices can be hacked – VPNs protect data that leaves your device, not the files stored on it. If you have a smartphone on a public network it can still be compromised. The best way to fight against this is to encrypt your Android phone or encrypt your iPhone.
- VPNs can be blocked – Some countries and online services block VPNs, forcing you to turn them off before you can proceed. In most cases there’s no way around this, too.
- VPNs can’t protect you from malware – Viruses slip through most VPNs as if they’re not even there. Adblockers, anti-tracking extensions, firewalls, and anti-virus software are all important for your online safety.
- VPNs won’t make you fully anonymous – Are you planning on accessing the deep web or dark web? You’ll need more than just a VPN to stay safe!
Getting a Ukrainian IP address is a simple matter with the right VPN. Not only will you be able to watch Ukrainian movies and Ukrainian TV shows, but you’ll also have full access to a private connection to the internet, along with unlimited streaming from your favorite video sites, too!
What do you plan on doing with your brand new Ukrainian IP address? Sound off in the comments below!