With a Qatari IP address obtained through VPN spoofing, you can connect from nearby countries to avoid local censorship and surveillance of the Internet. Today, we cover the best providers which maintain encrypted VPN servers within Qatar’s digital borders, offering virtual location variability and enhanced privacy online.
Though it may not seem like an obvious choice, Qatar is a great location for internet users due to its selection of both Arabic content and a wide range of English-language content. A Qatari IP address can help you avoid geo-restrictions, keep your data safe online, and more.
Need your Qatari IP quick? Spoof into Qatar with these VPNs:
- NordVPN – Best for Qatar – NordVPN’s network covers the entire globe, with servers in the most popular locations as well as some more niche countries like Qatar. Unbeatable encryption, zero logging.
- ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN’s expansive network is no slouch, especially when it comes to speed.
- CyberGhost – The largest network in terms of sheer numbers, CyberGhost makes it easy to spoof with their streamlined UI.
In this article, we will explain how to make most of your Qatari IP address. Namely, we will go into detail about using a VPN to get a Qatari IP address; how to pick the right VPN provider; the advantages of using a Qatari IP address; and how you can get started as soon as you are done reading this article. Before we start covering specific benefits to a Qatari IP address, let’s first get into why a VPN is the best way to get a foreign IP address.
How to pick the right VPN
VPN providers generally try to make your life easier by making their apps easy to use. Within just a few moments, you can connect to a server in, for example, Qatar, and start surfing the web with your foreign IP address. To choose the best VPN provider based on your online needs, simply prioritize the features we’ve listed below and you’ll be ready to enjoy your fast, secure connection.
- Fast downloads – VPNs tend to inevitably slow down your connection speed; pick one that will make the difference minimal when downloading and streaming.
- Privacy and security – Strong encryption and good privacy settings will keep your information private.
- Large server network – The main contributor to a good connection is a large network of servers. Pick a provider with many proxy servers in a large variety of countries.
- No-logging policy – pick a VPN provider that doesn’t keep logs; it’s the only way to keep your identity and information safe.
Recommended VPNs to get a Qatari IP address
Now, we present to you the most secure VPNs on the market that will enable you to get an IP address from Qatar:
NordVPN is the overall best choice if you are looking for a fast, secure connection that would allow you to unlock regional content. With 5,500 servers in 59 countries, NordVPN is considered to be the biggest network in the industry, and it never stops growing. Through this massive server network, you can find a range of unique services, including double encryption, location obfuscation, anti-DDoS, and even onion over VPN.
With 256-bit AES encryption on all data, an automatic kill switch, DNS leak protection, and other encryption features. NordVPN is essentially impossible to crack. The zero-logging policy means that none of the data is stored; this covers everything from timestamps and browsing history to bandwidth and IP addresses. With all these features, you can be sure that none of your activity is ever recorded or shared with third parties or even the government.
NordVPN’s advanced features make it the most reliable services for bypassing VPN blocks. It, therefore, comes as a surprise how easy the app is to use. Within just several moments, you will be ready to browse with your Qatari IP address and access local content on websites like Netflix and Hulu. NordVPN is available on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and even RaspberryPi.
Read our full NordVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 2-yr plan (68% off - link below)
- Different IP addresses aervers
- Torrenting/P2P explicitly allowed
- Based in Panama
- 24/7 Chat Support.
- Automatic server selection can be unreliable
- Refund processing can take up to 30 days.
ExpressVPN, true to its name, has its long-standing ranking as one of the fastest providers in the industry. Within just a few clicks, you can enjoy buffer-free streaming, quick downloads, and seamless browsing without error messages. ExpressVPN also has one of the largest networks amongst VPN providers. With over 3,000 proxy servers across 94 countries, you have plenty of options when it comes to picking your foreign IP address, including the option to go with Qatar.
ExpressVPN also offers a range of privacy features that will ensure that your information is neither trackable nor stored. The 256-bit AES encryption feature is virtually unbreakable, and it would take the world’s strongest supercomputer millions of years to even come close to cracking it. What’s more, ExpressVPN employs a wide range of encryption protocols, including UDP, TCP, PPTP, SSTP, and more. The no-logging policy means that the provider doesn’t store any data on your traffic, browsing history, and even IP addresses. This means that you can enjoy the fast connection, knowing that your online activities are untraceable.
For all these features, using ExpressVPN is surprisingly simple and requires no previous experience with VPN apps. Whether you are looking to stream videos on Netflix or simply surf the web for online shopping deals, this is a solid choice for any user. ExpressVPN is available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, and even PlayStation and Xbox.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off - link below)
- Super fast servers
- Govt-level AES-256 encryption
- Strict no-logging policy
- Customer Service (24/7 Chat).
- Month-to-month plan has high cost.
CyberGhost is perfect if what you’re looking for is fast download speed, strong security and ease of use. With a network consisting of 5,900 servers in 90 countries, CyberGhost gives you plenty of options when it comes to choosing and getting a foreign IP address. That, paired with its user-friendly app, makes CyberGhost the ultimate choice for anyone who wants an easy, convenient experience. Upon launch, you will be able to pick one of the six configuration profiles, including ‘ Surf Anonymously’, ‘Unblock Streaming’, and ‘Protect my WiFi Connection’. These profiles are then easy to customize if what you are looking for is, for example, to “block ads”.
In addition to the above, CyberGhost’s 256-bit AES encryption on all data protects your information – and helps bypass even the strictest censorship blocks. Further, the zero-logging policy ensures that your data will never be traced back to you, since not even your e-mail address is stored in the provider’s database. DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch also come standard with CyberGhost, and no information of yours will ever leave your device. The service’s apps are on Windows, Mac OS, Android, Chrome OS, and even Router and Raspberry Pi.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
- LOW PRICE: 6 EXTRA free months (79% off - link below)
- Special profile designed for torrenting privately
- Versatile and user-friendly
- Strict no-logging policy
- 45-day no-quibble money back guarantee.
- Doesn’t work well in China.
Why get a Qatari IP address at all?
You can use an IP address from a country like Qatar in order to protect your privacy and bypass harsh regional restrictions. Though may seem like a surprising choice, Qatar has become the second-most connected country in its region, and the percentage of the population using the internet nationwide grew by 80% within a decade.
These huge developments happened for several reasons. First of all, overseas nationals make up a huge chunk of the working population in Qatar. That’s great news for those with a Qatari IP address in foreign countries because a wide variety of online content is in English. Secondly, in contrast to popular belief about some countries in the Arab region, Qatar, particularly its capital Doha, is known for its modern lifestyle. This ongoing cultural evolution earned it the title of “the capital of Arab culture”.
So, what does this mean for you as an online user and why should you get yourself a Qatari IP address?
Stream videos from Qatar
Services like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and even YouTube actively filter and select content available for streaming based on your location. This means that if you sign in with a Greek IP address, for example, you will be able to watch films and TV shows that are only legally available in Greece. Whether you are working in one location or traveling for work, this can get pretty frustrating.
Using a foreign IP address will allow you to get access to a wider variety of content and avoid geo-restrictions whilst keeping your online identity secure. So, for example, if you are learning Arabic and you want to watch local TV shows to brush up on your vocabulary, a VPN is your solution. Getting a Qatari IP address with a VPN will allow you to virtually relocate to the region and access all the great local content you wouldn’t be able to watch otherwise.
Bypass regional blocks and website filtering
Online freedom is a very important thing to consider as a user, especially since net neutrality laws have been difficult to preserve in recent years. Depending on where you live in the world, the government and ISPs are able to filter and block content on websites like Facebook, Twitter, and even Whatsapp at their leisure (if not block them altogether). This then has a major impact on your entire online experience, preventing from accessing all available websites.
With just a few clicks, you can switch to a Qatari IP address, where there has been minimal reporting of surveillance and filtering. Some topics that have been subjected to monitoring, however, include political criticism, pornography, and any sort of deception tools. Furthermore, the filtering in Qatar is very transparent, so you will only see a blocked page without further consequences. That, paired with VPN providers encrypting your data, making it untraceable, allows you to bypass these blocks whilst remaining anonymous.
Access home accounts
If you live or work in Qatar, you probably have a countless amount of online accounts, including ones with local banks, local shopping sites, and so on. Now, imagine that you are an expat living in Qatar and you happen to be on vacation or visiting your family back home. Accessing these websites and accounts whilst abroad can prove to be annoying, and you’ll often find yourself stranded abroad with no access to local websites.
Financial services, such as banks and credit card companies, forbid access to their websites for foreign IP addresses. Luckily, a VPN provider is your golden ticket out of this mess. All you have to do to access all your personal accounts in Qatar without actually having to be in Qatar is download a VPN, switch to a Qatari IP address and you are good to go, all without having to leave the comfort of your home away from home.
How to use your VPN to get a Qatari IP address
Once you are done with the difficult part involving researching, picking your VPN provider, and signing up for the service, you are now ready to get your Qatari IP address. All you need to do is follow the steps below and you’ll be ready to surf the web with a VPN.
- Open your browser on your computer and go into your VPN provider’s website. Sign into your account and download the app that suits your operating system; for example, Windows 10. If you wish to use the VPN on a mobile device, download the app on the device itself. In case you got lost here, the VPN provider will give you detailed instructions on picking the correct download for you.
- Install the VPN app on your device. Once you’ve launched the software and signed in, you will need to pick a Qatari server from the list. This step is important because upon launch you may automatically get connected to the fastest available server. Make sure to switch to one within Qatar to get the right IP address.
- Open the server browser and find a connection in Qatar. Give it a few moments to load, after which you’ll be able to access the web with your new IP address. Once this is complete, you are ready to browse seamlessly and securely.
- We recommend you test your IP address; it’s not essential, but it will make sure the VPN is working correctly, so it’s a good idea to do it especially if you are a new user. While your VPN is connected to a Qatari server, open your web browser and go on ipleak.net. This page will run an IP address lookup. Once it’s done, make sure that at the top under “Your IP addresses” you see “Qatar”. If you do, you’re good to go. If not, there may be a potential leak and you should contact the VPN provider directly.
You are ready to use the web with your Qatari IP address. Enjoy your secure connection, stream videos, play video games, and shop online with your VPN of choice.
Why use a VPN instead of a proxy?
The benefits of using a VPN are pretty extensive; avoiding regional blocks and keeping your online identity safe are some of the key ones. A VPN allows you to pick an IP address from any country where your provider of choice has proxy servers. So, if you are looking to get an IP address from a country like Qatar without having to leave your cosy home, a VPN is what you need to get there. Furthermore, a VPN encrypts your data and protects your online activity logs to keep your information and identity secret. These 2 benefits – access to the free Internet and identity protection – are the 2 main reasons a VPN’s the best way to get a Qatari IP.
By getting yourself a Qatari IP address with a VPN, you can instantly get access to a wider range of content that isn’t restricted by regional blocks. Though it may seem like a long, complicated task, getting a foreign IP address with a VPN only takes a few minutes and will allow you to browse securely, quickly and seamlessly. By picking one of the VPN providers we discussed above, you can start enjoying the world of no borders or limitations already now.
What are some interesting things you used your Qatari IP address for? Leave us your suggestions below.
If you need a VPN for a short while when traveling for example, you can get our top ranked VPN free of charge. NordVPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will need to pay for the subscription, that’s a fact, but it allows full access for 30 days and then you cancel for a full refund. Their no-questions-asked cancellation policy lives up to its name.